1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I like the black paint job :)

Kevin

G

·
I think low-pipes look so much better than hi-pipes on a Monster. I think it's the space between the seat and rear tire. It just makes the bike look lighter and less cluttered. (I wish I went with low-pipes...)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya know I thought about putting on high pipes for more ground clearance but I had the bike leaned pretty far over today and didnt touch the pipes down. They will stay on until they meet the pavement.

G

·
Looks sweet! How's the sound? I'm in the market for some pipes, still can't decide between high or low, don't think I can go wrong either way.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Look good.

I still have not seen any MIG dealers around here yet. Haven't been looking real hard either ;)

mitt

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Interesting you say that Herb, I always wonder if I made the right choice with the low pipes.

G

·
I really like my hi-mounts, and I've shortened and gutted the cans, and refinished the carbon, so they have the right look and sound now. They fit the tail chop, now, which they didn't before. I also don't even think about ground clearance any more(rear-sets, too). But I still think the low-mounts look less cluttered, at least from a side view. Plus, you have the option to toss on a set of soft bags for a trip, which is out of the question if you have the hi-mounts.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally someone else wo has the @ Brothers exhaust.
They look nice man!
Are they powdercoated?
I'm still running the aluminums but didn't know they could be painted.

R.
No, not powdercoated. I just bought some rattle can ceramic, high temp paint and taped off whatever I didnt want black. Cost me about $3.99

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Where did the elbows come from?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I really like my hi-mounts, and I've shortened and gutted the cans, and refinished the carbon, so they have the right look and sound now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kevin, my header and elbows are off of an early model SS. I had to cut about and inch and a half off the elbows to make them work. I tried the high temp paint on them too but apearently they get hotter than 500 degrees cause it bubbled off.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts