Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping around and I came across this in the duc shop, the tag said $695...a little pricey so I was wondering if it was worth it? ??? (it's the perforated leathers and it was more red than black...) manufactured by dainese, does anyone have any input?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I don't have one, but have seen them. Nice quality, you probably pay more for all the xtra logos. You could possibly get the same jacket from Dainese in black for less.

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1 you're paying for the logos and exclusivity of the decals.

the jacket alone should be awesomely built, I *just* (within the last week) purchased a dainese 8-track jacket.. which are going for 499 these days, the baby-blue ones are a little cheaper... it goes to show that even a company with as much prestige as dainese has "bargain" sales... ;)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I saw was this years model then, cause the tag was 695...no markdown, but I love the design, plus I read on another thread that the velcro zipper flap was good, so it doesn't zip down during a slide... but when I tried on the jacket it didn't seem that it would have that problem. [cheeky] The jacket seemed to fit fine, but the elbow pads were a bit low...I was a little concerned with that...I only saw two,and the other one was larger....I'll have to go back later..

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Well, I don't think the design has changed, and Hattar has free shipping, so I'd just get the one I want from them. I mean $145 off is nothing to sneeze at, right? [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have like 5 or 6 Ducati leather jackets & that 1 is my favorate!
The irony is that I don't really wear it because I am afraid it will get messed up if I crash, so I wear my other Ducati jackets.
::)
Still sitting in my closet... :-\

·
Registered
911 Posts
FYI, here's the new version:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I've had a Dianese perforated jacket for a few years now, it retailed for $685. Overall the quality of hides, finish, and construction is hard to dramatically improve on IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts