Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty selexplainatory I recently tottaled my s2r and i have a friend who is willing to sell me his 748s. It has 11000 miles on it all original he is a maticulous bastard about maintanece and up keep hes asking 7250 for it with a rear stand. also hes in his thirties and isnt a maniac on his bikes (i ride with him so i know his habits) does this sound like a good deal???

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Its not a bad deal depending on year, but it does have alot miles for a 748, most of the second hand ones out
there are 7k or below for miles, guess they dont get ridden much. If its in great shape and already had the 12k
service done then 7k for it might be so bad. If it needs the 12k service I would not pay that much for it. Have
you ridden it, its way different than a S2R. I love mine, but like it better as a track only bike. I used to ride on
the street alot, but its really made for the racetrack.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive been on it and it does have agressive ergos but i like it, its a 2000 and the 12k service not done yet friend was going to do it his self all hes ever owed is ducs hes practiclly a duc mech

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
If he does a proper service, if you like it, then it's a good deal. But check on the rocker arm wear during the service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless it has a list of expensive upgrades, it seems priced above market.

Depending on the year, you may wish to stand by on an offer until the 1098 comes out. That model will surely depreciated the current superbike line up, but it's only a question of how much.

Also, the flaking rocker issues should be addressed because this is a 1000 dollar plus fix...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts