Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings. i recently installed a couple of fairing braces on the S4R, purchased over the web from a guy who calls himself "poorducrider". after a little tweaking, they fit quite nicely and totally cure the flapping fairing phenomenon many of us have experienced. i think i paid about $25. maybe a little pricey for a couple of aluminum straps, but they're supplied in a variety of finishes and all i had to do was bolt 'em up. highly recommended ... do a search for "poorducrider" or "monster fairing stays" if you're interested.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have seen those but there was no way I was paying $25 for $3.00 worth of material. I am making some that attach to the ends of my clipon bars and go up to the corners. Glad to hear you like them. What exactly did you have to tweak?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these things are actually pretty well thought out. they
extend from the fairing attachment bolts on either side up to the two screws securing the wind screen. i had to slightly bend the upper end in order to align it with the surface of the windscreen (so it mated flat without leaving an unsightly gap). once installed, they're really pretty inconspicuous, and
the casual observer would probably think they were OEM.
i agree that the $25 is a little steep, but i like to reward creativity, and honestly, it probably woulda cost me at least half that in materials to duplicate. again, highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I found a cure my fairing. I took the thing off and haven't looked back. I think it took bugger all wind off me and just added to handling woes. And the bike looks better for it. My advice is spend your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There is always the old , reliable Dart Flyscreen. Looks good, works good and Steven is a great guy to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts