Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like the title says I need a fellow duc riders help. I bought cyclecat clipons and triple clamp about 2 months ago. My buddy said he would help with the install but with a new house and kid he works like a dog and has no time. So here I am asking for anyone who knows how to install clipons and a triple clamp to help. I will gladly pay for your services if willing to come down to my house in East Haven. I don't have a clue how to put them on nor do I want to attempt to on my 500 mile 06 S2R 800.

So if anyone is interested please let me know.

Thank you, Mike R

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Wish I was closer. Would be glad to help as I've done three bar swaps incluting a CycleCat install.

The distance would make it a full day and I can't manage that; at least not anytime soon.
If you get no love, maybe I can carve a day out sometime in the dead of winter... we'll see.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I thank you for you consideration. I wont be riding anytime soon. I just want it ready for next years riding season.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else out there could help me?

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
I'll come down to give you a hand as soon as I get a free day.

It won't be before Christmas, but it'll be before next year riding season.

Do you have a heated garage space? what about tools?

Q

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
qfactor said:
I'll come down to give you a hand as soon as I get a free day.

It won't be before Christmas, but it'll be before next year riding season.

Do you have a heated garage space? what about tools?

Q

Thats fine with me I just wanted to get the word out. The garage does not have head but I have portable heaters that I put up. As far as tools go I jsut have a simple craftsman 122 pc set. Nothing fancy. I am not sure what tools I need for the job? Whare are you from qfactor?

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
From MA.

no special tools needed. maybe a can of pressurized air for the grips, and a torque wrench.

If I ride down, I'll be limited in the amount of tools I can bring. If I take the cage I'll bring my crap.

Q

·
Registered
58 Posts
I work third shift, so I'm available during the day to help. I'm in West Hartford.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CAG said:
I work third shift, so I'm available during the day to help. I'm in West Hartford.
I work second so if need be I will take a day off. I go in at 3pm. Thanks qfactor, I have just simple hand tools.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What day would you like to do the work? I'm off Wed, Thurs. this week and Wed, Thurs, Fri. next.

CAG

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CAG, i will get back to you on that I got to see when i can take a day off. Have you done this kind of instal before?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never. I'm smart enough to know, and do enough custom metal finishing and repair work, not to ask the famous retorical question "c'mon, how difficult could it be?" If it is a 2 hour one man who knows what he is doing kind of job it is probably a 6hour two guys who have never done it before job. Unless there is some custom fabrication involved or special tools are required, we should be able to do it. Hopefully, you can find some one with some experience. I'm still available to help.

CAG

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Ducman,

shoot me a pm, I can walk you through the procedure, If i can't make it there.

Q

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cag your right I will see when i can take off. Q, I will shoot you a pm tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
hey ducman, long time time no chat, ive been offline for awhile, i would love to give a helping hand any way i can, ive never done a triple tree, but i helped a buddy put clip ons on a sport bike

so like i said ive never done one but anyway ican help tools or other wise im right down the road in madison

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do Crazy, Thanks alot. I got to see when we can do this.

·
Registered
176 Posts
theDucman said:
I will gladly pay for your services if willing to come down to my house in East Haven.
if youre going to pay, why dont you just give in and bring it to us at Gengras? at least talk yo Don [service manager] about a price?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
omegared81 said:
if youre going to pay, why dont you just give in and bring it to us at Gengras? at least talk yo Don [service manager] about a price?
They would do a clipon install?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much? and did I meet you yet? I was there like 2 weeks ago and I met a few of the techs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts