Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh the irony. Just got my first bike, had it a total of 2 weeks and 100 miles and learned that my wife and I are moving to Tokyo! Im stoked to go..it was in our future..but I thought it was a year or two away... DAMN!
So I guess up for sale is a brand new 2003 620 dark with 140 miles, stock, flawless and sadly...going to a new home...dang I havent even registered it yet! Im in Southern California, Orange County Area...make me an offer...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,

I live in Tokyo and there are a few guys on the web here who might tell you how to import it. There are also some English-speaking bike shops that might be able to do it for you.
On the other hand Japanese bikes are cheap here, if you know Japanese or can get a Japanese person to help you, there are som e great second hand deals on Japanese bikes here, and some models you won't see anywhere else in the world (or so I'm told).

Welcome to Tokyo,

J

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Oh the irony. Just got my first bike, had it a total of 2 weeks and 100 miles and learned that my wife and I are moving to Tokyo! Im stoked to go..it was in our future..but I thought it was a year or two away... DAMN!
So I guess up for sale is a brand new 2003 620 dark with 140 miles, stock, flawless and sadly...going to a new home...dang I havent even registered it yet! Im in Southern California, Orange County Area...make me an offer...
cool.. what are you gonna be doin over there?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, ouch to $4000...not close...

i thought in Japan you could not have anything over 500cc`s ? you could not have anything over 500cc`s ?? am i wrong about that have anything over 500cc`s ?? am i wrong about that...

also, i know there are alot of bikes there... know there are alot of bikes there....but it rains so much,,,i thought that would be a problem...

also...not sure if ducati`s are there...but ..if not a mechanic might be a problem....

and...what i will be doing....not sure yet...just going there because my wife wants to move home....so i will have to find to move home....so i will have to find work..but language will be the first priority...

·
Registered
30 Posts
i thought in Japan you could not have anything over 500cc`s ?
....but it rains so much,,,i thought that would be a problem...

also...not sure if ducati`s are there...but ..if not a mechanic might be a problem....
No limit on size, in fact you can even use those two-strokes that are illegal in the US on the street. If you get an international license that will cover you for 12 months, then after that you'll need to do some paperwork to ride anything under 400cc, and do a test to ride over 400cc. If you leave the country for 3 months then you can get another 12 months on the international license.

Rain is no problem, you just buy good rain gear and learn to ride in the wet. Don't be so pathetic.

And yes there are good Ducati garages here. Maybe not a huge number but you only need one. It's a little bit expensive, but then let's face it this is Tokyo we're talking about. Everything is expensive.

So long as you can get the right visa, then it is very easy to get a job teaching English here, and the pay is quite good.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would suggest doing some more checking on shipping your duc. Air freight from Kuwait to NY is only $1,000. Don't ask the moving company to ship it. Look for a freight company to do it for you. Spend a little extra and go air freight , avoid sea freight.

·
Registered
385 Posts

I believe the opening post says "make me an offer".

Is there no common sense between a serious reasonable offer and an insulting offer.

MHO

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am brand new to the list so i may be speaking out of turn but you can get some realy cool stuff in japan that is simply taboo in th states. just my two cents.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think you can get an international license from AAA of all places - just need yur regular license and passport.

Stick it back in that crate and ship it! touring Japan on a Monster sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Ducati sells a Monster 400 in Japan. ;)

Hello,

and some models you won't see anywhere else in the world (or so I'm told).

Welcome to Tokyo,

J
That could be fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts