Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still making mods to my S2R1K ... any thoughts/advice between the adjustable CRG levers vs replacing the exiting levers with new Brembo levers and master cylinders? Note: will also be adding the Evolutionize slave cylinder .....

Any comments welcome ...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm of little help except to say that Master Cylinders are super expensive compared to just swapping out the levers. I'm looking into this same thing for my S4RS right now. I've pretty much ruled out the CRG levers because the Brembo versions are plentiful, cheaper, and I actually like the look of them better (but that's just style so - pah!). You may have looked all over heck and gone like I have but I'm liking the idea of sourcing from Yoyodyne for their good reputation and pretty good pricing. I of course will check with MotoWheels first to see if they stock the same thing as they do a great job of serving the folks on this list and I like to support our sponsors.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I just went with the Brembo billet radial MC and levers. my .02

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah I saw that on another post K. They look really sharp! Which ones did you use (16x18 by chance) and how do they feel?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any pics of the Brembos?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
could I just use some off an R1 or gixxer? they'd be a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I changed all of my bikes to Brembo GP Radial master cylinders because on the brake side it gives you more brake power for less effort and has a better feel to them. The clutch side has better feel and a slightly easier effort--but the main reason is to match the brake... :)
The lever adjustment is very easy to use and the remote reservoirs gives you a lot of mounting options on the faired bikes with limited clearance (not much of an advantage on a Monster). I use 19x18 or 19x20 on the brake and 16x18 on the clutch side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts