Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to run only 1 CRG mirror, and mount it on the left side by removing the bar end weight and use the adapter that goes into the handlebar tube. Would it be o.k. to ditch one bar end weight, and leave the other side on? If so, how do I get the bar end weight off? I tried to break the allen bolt loose on the end of the weight with no luck. Does it loosen by turning the common counter clockwise? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Kevin,

The S4 bars are solid, so you don't need the adapter. Before I got my CycleCats, I had CRG's on both sides. On the left side, you just push it into the rubber grip. If you try to put one on the right side, you'll need to either trim the throttle and grip, or make a spacer out of some 7/8" bar stock (or just ask me for my old one :)).

I had a tough time removing those screws the first time too. It helps to have a crisp allen wrench. If you are only going to run just the left, I think you can just push the mirror into the grip, and still put the bar-end weight back on enough to look ok.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom. I am just going to run the left so I will try to squeeze it on the end of the bar. I was afraid I would have to move the controls inward, but it sounds like I don't have to do that.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If you buy the CRG adaptors that go inside a tubular bar (or clip-on), you can have a shop with a lathe modify them for you to fit the S4 bars. Just turn the smaller part off that goes inside the bar so that all you have left is the part that the mirror mounts on. You will also need to drill out (and countersink) the piece so that the proper size bolt to go in to the handle bar end will fit. The stock bolt is too small.

When I first got my S4, there were some non-stock bar ends on the bike that were the same size as the bar. This made it easy to clamp the CRG's on the bar end and just slightly on the end of the bar. However, when I took the mirrors off for track day one bar end vibrated off and was lost somewhere on the track. I could not find the same bar ends so I had the CRG adaptors modified.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TX907,
I was thinking about doing that. I accidently bought the adapter thinking that the bars are hollow, and I have been wondering how I could modify the adapter for use. If I modify the adapter and mount it to the end of the bar, I wouldn't put the bar end weight back on would I? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts