Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did two searches to make sure I was not double posting, so don't yell if I am.

In short, just took off the mouse ears, and put on one CRG hindsight LS on, and all I can say is if you have been on the fence about this, go for it!

The visibility is 7x betters, the lack of those giant mirrors in your forward vision makes a surprising difference when riding, and I can see when leaned forward what is sneaking up behind me.

quality is great, install took 5 minutes, and the price was.....well not terribly cheap, but a buddy bought my stockers off of me for some cash so that helped.

just wanted to give a solid review for anyone else out there thinking about changing.

the only thing I would change would be the ability to extend the arm a bit so you can mount it towards the inside of the handle bars.

·
Registered
197 Posts
any chance of posting a pic of them on the bike?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did you get the lane splitter type?

How did you cap off ( or did you) the spot where the stockers were?

+2 for pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock mirror mount caps

I capped off the stock mirror mounts using a plastic hole plug from the hardware store. The plug has an edge around the top and things on the sides (like springs), but I took them off using a sharp knife and secured it on top of the mount with a piece of two sided tape (the thick permanent kind).

Attachments

·
Banned
40 Posts
go to a different hardware store or look in a different isle. you want to find 1/4" plastic plugs that sit flush to the mirror mount screw hole.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Or you could just turn the cap upside down.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CRG sells a bar end adaptor, that fits inside the bar, and then sticks out and you clamp the mirror to that piece. So it does extend the bars a bit, maybe 3/4 of an inch, but no different than bar end sliders.

the adaptor was like $20 i think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts