Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Where's the rider? I hope he/she was okay. Great pics Dennis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hRe: Crash Pics- A tank slapper gone bad

Oh yeah nice pics, at what tracks do you take photos? Im in Portland Or. anywhere near hear?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rider came by and bought the pictures. He was hopping around with help. His ankle looked like a softball. He wanted to wait until he got back to his home town to go to the hospital. But he felt fine mentally. It did not seem to get him down.
I shoot on the east coast. I do VIR, CMP, Summit Point, Beaverun adn Pocono Raceway. I might be traveling with Formula USA this season and shooting for RRW. I had the offer last season but passed. I was still buying equipment and needed to spend time with my business.
I think I will kill 2 bird with one stone this year and go to Laguna. This way I can meet up with all you West Coasters and shoot the big race. It all depends on what my schedule loks like. If I do, I will be bikeless. I hate traveling without my bike.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
That looks more like your typical racetrack highside. A tank slapper is like in this video: http://www.head-shake.com/movies/tank_slapper.mpg

Losing traction in a turn, then having it suddenly grab and toss you off of the high side of the bike doesn't really qualify as a tank slapper.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Those photos make me think of the old saying, "keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down". Yikes!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Than that would be a true tank slapper. Sorry for questioning your accuracy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts