Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Its true I'm writing this with one hand because my other arm is in a sling.
My shoulder popped out of joint. It was over two hours before they snapped it back in. Pain....Hell yes!! They even gave me enough mophene to knock out a horse, but it did'nt do crap for me. But, thats all that really happened to me....why?? because I was wearing all the protective pads and gear. It could've been alot worse.
My Bike....Not to bad actually still rideable cosmetic only. Except for the dent in the tank from my bar bending into it. What's usally done with a dented tank?
What happened???......I went to Pro Italia then was going to take a canyon run through Glendora Ridgeroad. About 5 miles up going through a nice banked turn at 40 when I spotted a rock about 1 inch round took note of it then was distracted by another bike flyin around the corner next thing I knew, I hit the damn rock. My front tire skipped, slid, then I hit the ground, slid into the the dirt turnout face down with my bike still running. With the wind knocked out of me I said, I did'nt just do this....did I?? Just about then I heard some sportbikes stopping to help me out and thats all she wrote.
Soo, it'll be a couple of weeks before i start riding again.
Be safe you guys.
Jason

G

·
Hey Ducster,
REally sorry to hear about the crash. I know exactly what you mean by a rock of that size. There are lots of those lying around especially at the end of the turns. Glad to know you were wearing all the gear and it did not get worse.

What time of the day was it?

Take care, and get well soon.

-Spaceman.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the crash really sucks. Especially repeating myself on what took place about a hundred times to everybody here at work. I crashed on Sat. 27th at about 11.30am about 5 miles North on Glendora mt. Rd.
Speeddog thanks for the info on the tank. The insurance is going to quote it sometime this week. My Ded. is $500 so we'll see where that takes us. Untill then.......
Jason

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Glad you are ok. Man I love those canyon roats but I am a tad scared of rocks..it sucks. You can't see them till you are RIGHT up on them...and by then you are looking at it and it's to late. :-(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott,...that much for the tank? Damn thats pricey.
I heard that CF tanks are prone to leaking. What have you heard? Anyway, for me ...I think I would get a standard used tank thats in good condition for about half that, paint it the way I want, and use the extra money on upgrades for the bike. But either way if I get the chance to do something like that, that'll be sweet. 8) 8)I hope something good comes out of this.
Jason

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
First, I'm glad you're okay.

Second, dented tanks suck. in May of '02 I had an accident and dented the tank. Got it back together sometime late summer. In November of '02 I crashed a track day. That tank is still on the bike, but I have a black (or anthracite or whatever the non-Dark, "black" bikes are painted) tank I picked up on eBay for $370 but haven't gotten around to putting on. My original dented tank is pounded out and primed (thanks, Norm!) but I haven't painted it because I'm not sure what I want to do. There is a guy named Robert Praither (Prayther?) in SoCal that has a good rep for painting tanks - you could get his contact info from Ducati of Oceanside.

Mend fast!

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spaceman,
I'm doing pretty good now My shoulder still hurts quite a bit but have been going to the Chiropractor everyday and last Friday I was able to tie my own shoes ;D.
As far as the ride its still being quoted but let me tell you I'm starting to get all kinds of Ideas on what to do. Upgrades that is 8) Lets just say its going to look completely different.
Jason

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Ouch DUCSTER! :eek:

Sorry to hear about your shoulder and bike. Although, I know the dislocated shoulder hurt it's good you didn't break the collarbone, which could have easily happened is such a crash. Recover time would have been much longer. (Speaking from experience)

Take care, heal quickly and hope to see you Wed.

Regards,
AC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts