Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the estimate for my 35mph lowside on the 01 Cromo. Needless to say, it is totalled. $11,400.00

$3100 Tank
$2000 Frame
$750 Front wheet

The list goes on and on.

The next question. Tuono, S4r or Strade.....?????...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hey DMNDUC,

I just totalled my 01 M900Sie. Damage was $7600 while NADA was $7400 so the insurance company totaled it. If I was more endeared to this particular bike I may have bought it back and repaired it but I've decided to move on to either an S4 or M1000.

Strange thing is that the insurance company was extra nice to me! First they valued the bike at $7603-$203 MORE than the book value. Then they gave me full value for the new tires I had installed only two days before the accident! So add another $450 and they offered me $8053. Add another $200 for my helmet-that part sucked as my helmet was an Arai and cost more than twice that amount but $200 is the limit-and the total payout is $8253.

Be curious as to how you make out. The NADA on your Chromo is $7620 but since it's a rarer model you may get more. My insurance (and I think they all do this) used another company to sort of verify the accuracy of NADA by calling all the local dealers and getting a replacement cost from them. I would guess that that is the reason my quote came in for more.

Keep us updated! Inceidentally, I vote for the S4R!!

Miles

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It seems weird that the tank costs more than the frame!!! You'd think it would be the other way around??
DMNDUC & Miles, I hope you both get what you want for the payoff, so you can go " shopping" and get the bike of your choice!!! Keep us updated!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the gear thwy were real good to me. Replace what was damaged and send them the invoices and the damaged articles. Sent them invoices for $1351 for jacket and pants, helmet and gloves. They wrote me a check.

Worried about where the bike is going to wind up though. I'll know in a few days.

Anybody interested in Penske shock, Arrow high carbons, PCIII and Airbox kit????

I guess I am going to list all that on Ebay.

CF rear cowl too and CF fly screen.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
STrade ;D LOL

I would have to say the Tuono...... I really like that bike,unless you are stuck in Monster denial. I would say that is a excellent choice. The Monster is a great bike, I love mine.
If I were to loose that bike tomorrow I could think of several others bikes I would buy and be very happy :)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
After reading a few posts i think i should find a way to total my bike and get some cash back :eek:

·
Registered
571 Posts
When I was knocked off my Monster back home in the UK, the estimate for the repairs was almost $4000, but to look at her, it had a scrape in the tank, bent bars & a couple of minor scrapes & a snapped footpeg.... I think the insurance co's just want to pay you off & get you the hell outta their hair!

Good luck with your choice of bike, hard one to call, but I think I would be aiming at the Tuono......

;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Sounds like we need to start a club: The I Totalled My Monster Club.

They didn't even bother with a repair estimate on mine. :'(

G

·
I like it when they total the bike. It makes life much easier. After that you move on to the next bike, or buy the wreck back cheap and go aftermarket. Either way its easy. My car was hit by an 18 wheeler. It crushed the trunk to the bacl seat. I thought for sure the car would be totalled. They cut the car in half and fixed it. Now I hate the car and the paynments I am making on it. I would have rather it been a total lose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, any significant damage and I think it's much better if they just total it. Better to start fresh then be riding or driving something they've pieced back together from a munched mess.

Still always sad to see your baby crunched and then tossed by the wayside. :( Generally readily cured by shopping for the new one though! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts