Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 6 days after getting my M750 I layed it down! Going around 45 mph on the 134 in North Hollywood someone jammed the brakes in front of me. Not knowing my new ride that well, I guess I squeezed the front brakes a bit too hard and down I went..I can not stress enough the importance of a good jacket, gloves and a helmet. I walked away with only minor bruises and very little road rash. The bike didn't do to bad either, very little cosmetic scratches, and a small dent in the tank...Just want to thank all the idiots on the 134 for not stopping to see if I was ok....THANKS!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sorry, to hear about that and only 6 days old :( LA home of the selective blind ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
isnt that some sh!t? I went down hard once, and no one stopped, and another time some jerk off cut me off and i did a stoppie ( those Brembos work TOO good sometimes).
glad to hear you are ok. I am so used to getting cutoff and all that now, I pretty much expect it to happen anytime I go out.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Man! that sucks!!! I'm glad you're ok though!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ouch! :-/ I'm so sorry to hear that. My husband grew up in N.Hollywood so I'm familiar with the local driving from visits back to his old neighbourhood. Glad to hear you're okay and the bike only has minor scrapes... not fun to have happen to your new baby though... my sympathies. Take care and ride safe! :)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
ouch!!! sorry to hear...keep safe evryone!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
glad to hear all are ok (bike and you) for the most part. I imagine seeing the bike dented and scratched up hurts more than your bumps and bruises.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Man! Like was said above-there is too much of this going on.
Hope you are back riding soon. Stay safe, good luck.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Did I hear "dented tank"? You're playing my song.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the good wishes guys....I got back on the bike today and rode to work...It will take more then a dented tank and some cuts and bruises to keep me off my 6 day old scooter!

T

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fall. Glad your o.k. and up and running.

Hearing how no one had the decency to stop rings a familiar bell.

Keep on moving.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Thank Godness you're fine...
Too many @#$% on the road.
get well and saddle up.

M

·
0 Posts
Glad your brakes worked and sorry you went down...this has not been a good month for way too many members :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Well hopefully you got that out of the way..glad to hear you and the bike came out okay!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts