Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup. I'm an ass. I didn't take good enough notes when I was disassembling everything, and now I have a few extra parts and am trying to figure out where they go. I looked in the spare parts catalog... not detailed enough.

Here are the parts:

http://www.mad-ducati.com/Gallery/ckershner/G355/IMG_5012.JPG

they're leftover from the engine cases...

http://www.mad-ducati.com/Gallery/ckershner/G355/IMG_5009.JPG
or
http://www.mad-ducati.com/Gallery/ckershner/G355/IMG_5006.JPG

what are the diffrences between the black o-rings and the green o-rings?

where do these things go? HELP!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The green one seals an oil passage. The black & red must do something similar, look for recessed areas. The large silver one is either a sealing washer for the oil drain or screen, or a shim - hard to tell from the pic. The circlip looks like it might be from a wrist pin, but you'll have to see how it matches up size wise.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
washer and clip go on the clutch cover where you see the perforated section there where the pressure switch screws into, washer, then clip to hold it in.

one of the o-rings is #12 in the picture below:

and yes, it sucks if you forget to put it back in because your pressure switch won't work correctly (just did it myself ::))

the other two o-rings, let me sit back and think about it a bit

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
oh yeah, the spring circle thing, it goes along with the seal on the left side cover that seals the clutch actuation gear thing (top left hole in your pic there), if you've already reinstalled the seal, take it back out and you'll see the groove that the spring sits in.

green o-ring kind of looks like the one that goes on the oil fill plug

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Ahh, I didn't see that it was a wet clutch.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Nice call Norm, but even I noticed it was a wet clutch, maybe because i'm so anxious for my new 900 motor.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've taken your pics and added #'s to them. Most of the #'s correspond to what's listed in the ducati workshop image.

First image labels the parts.

Second image labels the clutch side cover

Third image labels the flywheel side cover

Parts listed in the first image (10, 11) go into the part labled 11 in the second image

Part listed in the first image as (12) goes into part labeled22 in the second image.

Part listed as GS in the first image goes into part labeled 33 in the third image. (IMPORTANT) I dont' remember off the top of my head how that goes back in place, but if the whole engine cover does not sit flush (you should not need to bang it) it's probably not in the right way. (It may go on the outside of the gearshift rod)

Not sure about the red guy

And that spring thing looks like it came out of the part listed as 9 in the first image, check that carefully before you but the circlip and washer back in place.

Best of luck and please keep us posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
2001cromo is a STAR [clap]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chromo and Hiero, I owe you guys beers, should we ever meet. [thumbsup]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts