Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 4 valvers, what is the size I should be ordering (K&N the only one?) for the Crankcase Breather?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Beyote- It's 20mm at the top of the breather. However, you'll want to put the hose back on that goes from the breather to the box to keep it from leaking oil all over you and the bike.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I know we've been here before but...if you like wheelies be prepared for some oil to puke out through the breather. I've recently installed a K&N and it wasn't till I pulled a decent wheelie that it leaked.

If you're not into wheelies then you don't have any worries

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
bing said:
I know we've been here before but...if you like wheelies be prepared for some oil to puke out through the breather. I've recently installed a K&N and it wasn't till I pulled a decent wheelie that it leaked.

If you're not into wheelies then you don't have any worries
Did you look at anything other than the K&N? Are there any other options to put on or does everyone just use K&N?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
gr8ciehall said:
Did you look at anything other than the K&N? Are there any other options to put on or does everyone just use K&N?
I used a cheapo stainless steel job from Pep-Boys connected to the end of the stock hose. It's held up really well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rule, lets see it.

I have looked around, and found some other brands, but most look like arse, and I already have K&N pod filters so I was more inclined to keep the theme.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, that is nice!

K&N I take it?

What size BTW.

Beggars can't be choosers, later is better than never. LOL.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No, rule said he used a cheapo from Pep Boys

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
kopfjager said:
No, rule said he used a cheapo from Pep Boys
Yeah... I found it in the "ricer fart-can" section. They come in yellow, blue, red... and the stainless one I got. The filter screen is actually a stainless mesh. I thought that'd be okay since you don't have to oil it, and it's held up fantastically. I have never had any oil puking out of it. (granted I don't wheelie much)

As for the size... I'm not too sure... they only came in one size at the Pep Boys I bought it at... pretty standard stuff [thumbsup]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts