1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S

·
0 Posts
stock seat cowl is interchangable across all monster models, all model years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I suspected but you never know...

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Keep in mind that they are made out of plastic. So you might be better off giving it a light sanding and then priming and painting. Not sure how well stripping it will work or what it will do to the plastic!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call. I didn't know they were plastic. I thought maybe fiberglass or something. I read on another thread that priming it then spray painting it and finally clear coating it works good for the matte black dark finishes. I'll have to track that thread down again...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there someplace stateside that sells these cowls aftermarket that aren't aluminium or CF? I'd like to buy something that I can paint. I'm not sure if I'll go the Ebay route on this one for sure...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you don't win that one, I have a red one with some scratches I would sell ya. It is listed in the classified section of the DML. [smiley=idea.gif]

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Is there someplace stateside that sells these cowls aftermarket that aren't aluminium or CF? I'd like to buy something that I can paint. I'm not sure if I'll go the Ebay route on this one for sure...
http://redracingparts.com/foto/VT1005.jpg
redracingparts.com
unpainted fiberglass - $108.50US (damn you, Euro!)
(oops..guess Italy isnt stateside...they're good to buy from anyway)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts