Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up.

so i need a cover for the bike as it is sometimes in a carhole, sometimes not...

i searched the boards but didnt really find much. what do you guys use?

ideally, im looking for something about 50-100 bucks, waterproof, anti-moisture, and wont scratch the friggin bike...

after seeing Rubens bar end mirrors, im thinking about getting me some, do you guys think i have to worry about this in making a cover decision?

thanks......

·
0 Posts
Naw. I use a Dowco cover. Doesn't bother the mirrors at all exept for minor readjusting prompted by placing/removing the cover. It however isn't waterproof and allows minute amounts of H2O inside (the cover is ventilated to prevent moisture build up). Spent roughly $50-60 from CCC.
As for the mirrors, I picked them upfrom ca-cycleworks.com. If you order them don't forget to order the stems that go inside the bar!

R.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw. I use a Dowco cover. Doesn't bother the mirrors at all exept for minor readjusting prompted by placing/removing the cover. It however isn't waterproof and allows minute amounts of H2O inside (the cover is ventilated to prevent moisture build up). Spent roughly $50-60 from CCC.
As for the mirrors, I picked them upfrom ca-cycleworks.com. If you order them don't forget to order the stems that go inside the bar!

R.
word. thanks man. hmm...im wondering that if the covers aren't waterproof, if some water repellant spray (i think scotchguard makes it) would work if just sprayed all over the cover...

i got some at the boat shop, i'll give it a shot if needed, or lemme know if you want some to give a shot :p

·
0 Posts
You don't want a moisture build up on your metal bike.
A little rain won't hurt. Friday night I left my bike uncovered during that rain storm! When I woke up I just washed off my bike and polished it up a little.

R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts