Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give some credit to Timbuk2 for some excellent customer service.
I had borrowed my buddy Joe's courier bag for our recent trip to Vegas. On the way back, the strap was touching one of the pipes and melted. oops.
I emailed Timbuk2 to see if I could order a replacement, and customer service sent back 'send us your address, and we'll send you one'
that rocks. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I too have a Timbuk2 bag (the medium one). Seems that it can hold anything I put in it, yet stay out of my way entirely when I'm riding. Their service was quick, too. Only problem I have is that it covers my patch if I'm wearing both at the same time. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I am on my third Timbuk2 bag in the last few year and love their products. They're very responsive to your problems and having them based in SF makes it even easier (for me at least). I highly recommend them...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone interested in courier bags, especially anybody in the New England area, might want to check out Bailey Works in Portsmouth NH. They make all the bags on site, they're a little pricey but really nice.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Damn, I have straps you coulda had... I ordered some of the strap pouches because flip-style cell phones wont fit in their phone holder. Timbuk2 sent me straps instead. When I phoned them about exchanging them, they said that they didn't want me to have to deal with sending them back, and the pouches were on their way.

Between Laura and I, we have 4 Timbuk2 bags. I wish that they made saddlebags.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
The Timbuk2 folks make a snazzy little iPod holder that is just great for a Palm too. Just FYI...

·
Registered
455 Posts
...I emailed Timbuk2 to see if I could order a replacement, and customer service sent back 'send us your address, and we'll send you one'
that rocks. [smiley=waytogo.gif]
Yup. Me too. I've had the same Timbuk2 for six years and it's tough as nails.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used to work warranty at a local bike shop and always had great dealings with Timbuk2.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nope. I've heard they're nice and offer a little more in the way of optional features than Timbuk2. They're a new company and in my opinion they're a little overpriced for what you get. Better to get the Tinbuk2 bag unless you want the different look.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
There are a ton of courier bags out there now, some great, some complete crap (e.g. ones The Gap sells). But if you go with bicycle/moto-specific bags you should be OK. I have 2 Timbuk2 bags and love 'em. (Hint: buy a bigger bag than you think you'll need - you'll use the extra space.)

You can get a good idea of what's out there by looking at ebags.com.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts