Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they're the ones that look the best to me. How do they compare to stock as far as vibration? Better, same, worse?

Do your hands hit them when you ride? When they attach, are they a straight line upwards from where the stock bar end used to be?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Meltz said:
Well, they're the ones that look the best to me. How do they compare to stock as far as vibration? Better, same, worse?

Do your hands hit them when you ride? When they attach, are they a straight line upwards from where the stock bar end used to be?
I got CRG's. There is virtually no vibration during the ride, at any speed or rpm. I was astonished at how clear the view behind me was the first time I rode with them. The only thing that some people don't like, that doesn't bother me at all actually, is that everything apears much smaller in them. I kinda like it because the viewing area is larger.

My hands don't touch them while riding. You will have to get used to not knocking your hands into them when first putting your hands on the grips. But, this only takes a few times.

They're not in a straight line, they kind of go up and out a little. Not much, just a little.

I couldn't be happier with them.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I run one left side CRG, it's really unobtrusive, they don't get in the way, and the don't vibrate. Sure they're small, but exactly how much detail do you need to see?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I have them too. Have to agree with what the other guys said, although, they're near useless at night on a highway for example. The size of the lens makes picking out anything pretty difficult in low light/long(ish) distance situations.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Again, I use my CRG as a car headlight check at night... And that's really it, nothing compares with swinging your melon around for a real look. I swear by the CRG Mirrors, and recently decided to get symmetric and get a second one...

I don't look to tell what kind of car is behind me, but rather yes/no car is there or its not kind of look.

It will also do a fine job of letting you know that there are blue lights flashing behind you. Thank goodness that has not yet been an issue on my bike for me.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Not really a complaint from me, I just look down for an instant and know everything that the mirror can tell me, well at least everything I find useful. I've never stared into the mirror very long to try to discern the make of this or that.

I have the 2.5" currently

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I have CRG mirros for the left and right side and I like them since they do not vibrate at all. As far as visibilty goes, I agree that everything looks small but that is why I turn my head to see. When it comes to riding at night, I really don't drive at night. Too many nuts in the dark. As far as riding, the mirrirs do not hit my hands. Installation is cake. Here are some pics of the CRG mirrors.
Mynor

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.