Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Mesh gloves, and I have to say, I will be buying something better. I though that the mesh would help keep the hands cool. Honestly, I think I can deal with a little discomfort and God forbid I go down, head and hands are two items that are very important to me.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Those Ti-Max gloves look (to me) like you should be on a horse holding a lance.
I'm tired of all this Joe Rocket bashing going on here. I have a lot of gloves and my favorite pair are JR Speed Masters. They are plenty funtional, even though, thankfully, I haven't crash tested them.
Those fingerless things are "cruiser crap" IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Noo,---not cruiser crap--- they would never go for the armour on the knuckles, LOL, just plain ol' fingerless leather!!!!, with holes on the knuckles for venting!!! LOL May as well just stick a band-aid on your palms!!LOL

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Definitely don't want to grind the fingertips. Too many nerve endings there. I've put a couple of fingers on a belt sander, and that's not good at all.I once passed a lit welding torch across the tip of a finger, that really smarted too....

I've gone down on bicycles with no gloves, and dove off my dirt bike and ground through the palm of a glove. Can't recommend roadrash on the palms, it seems to heal quite slowly.

And Fillmore's anecdote was gruesome :eek:

Gotta protect those cookie hooks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I didn't mean just you Daffe, there seems to be a general anti-JR bias on here. I have some JR stuff that is really good quality and IMHO top notch functionally. And I have some JR stuff which I hate. Like a 3 year old Atomic jacket... it sucks! It's like wearing a sail.
My take is (and I know you are all dying to hear this) that they kinda sucked a few years ago but have gotten better lately.
I mean it's not like they broke up the Beatles or anything! :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
DucnHar,
You are right they aren't cruiser crap... only sissies would wear carbon fibre nuckels.
Seriously and I don't want to sound biased against my bros on Harleys (maybe it's just this area) but it seems like they would rather die than appear to care about saftey. Literally.
I have quite a few freinds who ride HD and one of them has actually said to me, "I'd rather die than wear a helmet". This was after another of my work buddies did die because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Went down in an very slow crash with a cage. Banged his head on the street and died. Didn't even mess up the bike. I happened to say "Too bad he wasn't wearing a helmet". Which brought on the above responce.
Okay off the soap box.
For the record I have nothing against HD riders.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yep!! since being on this site, I have purchased a pair of riding pants, have bought a fullface helmet for my HD, and am looking to accessorize my jackets with armour. The no helmet law that just passed, is my ticket to the FF!( gotta be different) I don't ride my HD without jacket, pants and gloves, anymore. The FF is in the paint shop getting customized. So I am setting a NEW trend in my area for HD riders, how many will follow, I don't know??? But I know what I am doing!!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts