Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two posts floating around about adjusting idle but no one has actually mentioned how to do it... I have a 2003 fuel injected monster that just had the throttle bodies resync'd but the idle is set too low...

is there a screw i need to turn? how do i do it and where is it located?

You help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
237 Posts
just a hunch, but i think the idle adjustment is right by the throttle linkage?

i'd look to see if i can find a set screw that holds the throttle plate open at a certain position for idle. if in doubt, pick up a Haynes manual or ask your dealer. but i'm sure someone else on this board can give you a more precise answer.

-steve

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
down where the throttle cable ends, theres gonna be
a set screw to locate the butterfly valves when the
throttle is closed .... it usually has don't-screw-with-me
on it, so you'll have to chip it away before making an
adjustment. then use the adjustment barrel on the
handle bar to set the cable free play.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Not only that, there are TWO of these adjusters... one on each throttle body. Typically, the one closest to the throttle cable is the one that will affect the idle but I have seen it the other way. Basically, ONE of the stops affects the idle and then the other butterfly is connected via the sync adjuster between the throttle bodies.

It is apparent that Ducati intends for the idle speed to not be adjusted after the bike leaves the factory.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Somewhat related:
What is the normal idle speed of a 2001 900ie? When things finally get warmed up, my bike idles at 1200. Seems kinda high...but that's why I'm asking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts