Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Re: could anyone tell me how to adjust the  m

Move the bracket to the bar on the other side? ;D

--Fillmore

·
Registered
339 Posts
keep in mind that the left (viewed when seated) mirror/bracket is reverse threaded. That way the wind will only tighten the mirrors. You probably have the reverse threaded bracket on the right hand side of the bar.. I did the same thing when I had my new bike delievered from an out of state dealer...

mike

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Mirrors should be right hand thread on the left side, left hand thread on the right side.

That way, if you clip something with the mirror, it just loosens up, rather than snapping it off, or stripping the thread, or knocking the bars enough to throw you down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nick,

are you sure? if you do that -- at least on my 620 -- the wind resistance and vibration is enough to loosen the mirrors. I lost track of how many times that happened to me. I even tried tightening them another full turn to keep that from happening, but it wouldn't make another full turn so I couldn't get the mirror back to the normal position.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Nick,

are you sure? if you do that -- at least on my 620 -- the wind resistance and vibration is enough to loosen the mirrors. I lost track of how many times that happened to me. I even tried tightening them another full turn to keep that from happening, but it wouldn't make another full turn so I couldn't get the mirror back to the normal position.
Well, that's the way my bike was set up as delivered, and the way all of the bikes with mirrors I've had have been. ???

I loosen the locknut all the way, thread the mirror in until it stops (when the shank bottoms out against the bar, or the bottom of the threads, or the locknut bottoms out), thread the mirror out a partial turn until it's in the proper position, then tighten the locknut. Works good for me, but YMMV....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts