Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing Ducati's website again and checking their prices on pipes. I was checking for a Ducati GT 1000. Does anyone know why a set of Termignoni slip ons has to cost $1300? Is there something special about them that makes them worth over twice the amount of slip ons for Japanese bikes? Is there any good alternative to the Termignoni slip on?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
motogpfan said:
because they say

TERMIGNONI
NAKID said:
Low production numbers = higher costs
And the box they come in says Ducati Performance.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
+1

[cheeky]

[clap]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
DMiller779 said:
Is there any good alternative to the Termignoni slip on?

Thanks,
Doug
Zard is making a cool system for the Classics... costs more but looks the nuts. I know motowheels has them on their site.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just buy some "I had them made cause they cost less" pipes and be done with it! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
783 Posts
They are custom made. From a local chopper shop.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
DMiller779 said:
I was browsing Ducati's website again and checking their prices on pipes. I was checking for a Ducati GT 1000. Does anyone know why a set of Termignoni slip ons has to cost $1300? Is there something special about them that makes them worth over twice the amount of slip ons for Japanese bikes? Is there any good alternative to the Termignoni slip on?

Thanks,
Doug
The Termi's also come with the DP ECU, filter and open air box lid..... In the case of the GT, the performance ECU helps it run properly....

·
Registered
541 Posts
blah blah blah jap bike this, jap bike that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want your bike to run great w/o the required oxygen sensor plugged in you will need the Ducati performance kit (TERMIGNONI)
Have you priced out a CPU from ducati performance? $1100 by itself so I think a whopping $1300 is nothing if you need to buy the CPU any way. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts