Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of the corbin custom monster seats? They claim that they are more comfortable, and have a much better seat for the rider. anyone have experience with these, and what are thier thoughts?

M

·
0 Posts
I don't have one personally but seems like Corbin has had some quality control problems recently. Misplaced latches and badly sized/inflexible bumber made them difficult or impossible to put on, long shipping times. Sargent is the alternative. I haven't heard anything bad, and it seems like more people like them better anyways.

M

·
0 Posts
I got mine last week, fits perfect, real comfy for my semi large ass, fit issue must have been solved by corbin. Only did a 100 mile ride, felt great, then brought to dealer for 600 service and warrenty issues. quality of seat far exceeds quality of bike.

V

·
0 Posts
Ive Had a Corbin on my '01 M750 for a year now and I have just recently (within the last few days) begun having trouble with the seat latch. Seems whenever I sit way forward on the saddle it wants to come unclipped from the single rear securing point. Sound Dangerous? Well I'm working on a remedy at the moment. I haven't called Corbin yet but I suspect the problem is NOT with the latch mechanisim but the seat itself. It has always been a little shifty and squeaks sometimes when I sit upright. Anyone run into this before?

M

·
0 Posts
Veloce,
Have you tried lubing the latch on bike and pin on seat? This may help.

R

·
0 Posts
Ive Had a Corbin on my '01 M750 for a year now and I have just recently (within the last few days) begun having trouble with the seat latch. Seems whenever I sit way forward on the saddle it wants to come unclipped from the single rear securing point. Sound Dangerous? Well I'm working on a remedy at the moment. I haven't called Corbin yet but I suspect the problem is NOT with the latch mechanisim but the seat itself. It has always been a little shifty and squeaks sometimes when I sit upright. Anyone run into this before?
check here too Veloce

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1055622393

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I love my Corbin seat. It's by far the best mod I've done to my bike. Being 6'3" the bike was virtually unrideable for me after about an hour or so. It just plain hurt to sit on that skinny seat, plus being pushed forward into the tank constantly was going to make me impotent sooner rather than later. I rode to their Hollister plant and have them make me a seat while I was there, and my seat is very high quality.

I keep hearing people complaing about Corbin online, but in person I have yet to meet anyone with a Corbin seat who's ever said anything bad about them. I dunno...

-Jordan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts