Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Long time no talk!! So I have a custom Corbin seat that I love the feel of but I have 1 problem. When I wheelie the seat often comes unlatched when I return to Earth. Anyone else having this happen?

Thanks!

H

·
0 Posts
Seems the only comments I ever hear about Corbin seats, is complaints of fit, and poor customer service. Abuddy of mine has one on his 02 m750Sie, he has to re-latch the thing ALL THE TIME.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I met a girl at the bike shop w/ a monster that had a custom corbin. she said it feels great but it kept coming undone. She had to have a friend tweak it out somehow and change something on the seat to make it stay on. I think I'll get a sergant when the time comes.

R

·
0 Posts
In all fairness. My stock seat does the same thing. When ever I go to get the bike, it seems the seat is not locked. I assume it unlocks when I lift my huge ass off the seat. It mush be a Ducati sigh of releif.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
What did they change on the newer style Monsters?

On the older Monsters the Corbin seats fit just fine and never come unlatched.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've had 5 or 6 Corbins & never had a fit/finish problem with any of them. A couple that I still have are about 10 years old. The only time I've ever unlatched a seat was on an old SS when I screwed up a wheelie so bad I'm surprised I didn't break the bike in two!!

S

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem with a Corbin seat for my 750S i.e. The problem is that the peg (or hook) is too short. You can put a riser (or washer or whatever) on the lower part of the seat and it'll work. I'm all thumbs, so I had my dealer to it for me. Works well now.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I had the same problem with a Corbin seat for my 750S i.e. The problem is that the peg (or hook) is too short. You can put a riser (or washer or whatever) on the lower part of the seat and it'll work. I'm all thumbs, so I had my dealer to it for me. Works well now.
Had to do the same thing with a 99 m900 and a Sargent seat, but the m620 did not have same problem.

M

·
0 Posts
You can also trim the rubber bumpers afixed to the underside of the seat that cushion the seat to the frame if they make it sit too high to latch properly

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I like my Corbin a lot too, no complaints here...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
What did they change on the newer style Monsters?

On the older Monsters the Corbin seats fit just fine and never come unlatched.
I am really glad to hear this since I recently ended up with Scotts old seat. Nice to know it will stay put.

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts