Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdies.

Corbin or Sargeant? I did a search and all I found was one guy saying the sargeant was "cushier" when new and the Corbin was "more contoured" (not sure what that means...).

What's your take?

Thanks,

--BatteredButt--

O

·
0 Posts
i have the sargeant on my bike because of the under seat storage. the tube!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I love my Corbin seat, extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i have the sargeant on my bike because of the under seat storage. the tube!
Same here. I love the tube for paperwork and small tools. Plus it has the retractable hooks for a net.

N

·
0 Posts
The Sargent is much more comfortable than the stock seat. It also fits better on my bike. The storage tube is really nice too.

M

·
0 Posts
i have had both. i liked th corbin for longer rides and more "spirited" riding. the sargeant was good around town but not much else. i do miss the "tube" though. my corbin is for sale.
mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
heard horror stories about corbin customer support. Sargent goes all the way to make u happy.

S

·
0 Posts
I have the Corbin. Not an easy install, but it's cushy and a definite improvement over the stock seat. If I had it to do over again, though, I'd probably pick the Sargent, mainly because of the cool plastic tube underneath for registration papers. I had to put my papers in a plastic bag and tape them to the underseat of the Corbin. Both are well made.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Which seat is better for riding two up? The Corbin has a more defined passenger seat while the Sargeant is shaped like the stocker.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I have a CeeBailey.
you send them your seat pan, and they can make it however you want it. [smiley=waytogo.gif]
i got mine shaped like stock, with temperpedic-type squishy foam, smooth black vinyl and a gold welt. only $225

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the Sargent on my S4R---its very comfortable, however when I put my abreviated tail section on, I had to cut off the net hooks and grind out some of the seat bottom.. Fairly minor.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looks like most everyone else preferes the Sargeant. I have a Corbin and I really like it. It looks better than stock and is more comfortable when my girlfriend wants to ride. (Maybe that is a con instead of a pro!) Both seats are heavier than stock if that's an issue for you. Corbin was having a sale and I got mine for a lot less than the Seargent and ultimately that's why I went with Corbin. I don't feel I miss the underseat storage but I suppose if you like to ride without pants on you may need the tube to hold your drivers license.

M

·
0 Posts
I think the Corbin has a better look/profile if you aren't using the seat cowl.

My last-summer-special Corbin for some reason sucks when it comes to comfort....or maybe I have an enlarged prostate or something, (that's a certainty if I ride the damn thing for more than 4 hours straight) that, or they ran short of foam and stuffed it with cardboard or old rags

also have to make sure the testicular placement is just right...yeah I know....waaaay too much info :)

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
sargent. my friend has a corbin, and i don't like it one bit, fit, finish or storage. didn't feel much better than stock IMO.

M

·
0 Posts
the stock seems fine to me,so far have not have a reason to look for a new seat,did several 3-4 hour rides with no problem

T

·
0 Posts
:mad:I've got to tell ya Corbin has been a real treat to deal with. :mad: I placed an order a couple months ago for my Mrs's 900FE. After a few weeks (and no word from Corbin), I sent them an e-mail asking the status - no response. The next week, I sent another e-mail, and another, and another and finaly .....

"Your order has not been processed into production because our part number SL fits 1993 to 1997 bikes only. Your bike is a 1998 per your order. We do not want to sell you a seat that is not going to fit your bike......... I am sorry that we
don't have a seat to fit your bike."

Well I then had to link them to their own website to show 98FE and 92-97SL was one in the same part number. They responsed............. On 23 March, I they respond "Took your email to our mechanic and he checked with closest Ducati shop. He found out that you are correct, our seat should fit your bike with no problem. I told internet sales to process your order and put a rush on it. The total for your order is $239.00 including UPS freight charge. Should ship by end of this week."

Well folks, as of today, I still don't have a seat and I doubt I will be dealing with this company again.

Corbin or Sergeant? Ummmm..... thats your choice; but, I'm pretty sure Sergeant is my next seat.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Corbin on mine. No problems with fit. Looks really good with the red welt and the leather Italian flag. Contoured nicely. 350 mile day is not a problem. It puts you a little lower in the bike if that matters to you. With my long legs (38" inseam) I would go with a different seat next time just to get more room. Anybody want to trade a Corbin for a Sargeant?

Doc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts