Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Coprophagic rictus

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Yoda9 
#1 ·
That's what I've got on my face. I unexpectedly found the bike I was looking for here on the Monsters for Sale section and decided to pull the trigger months sooner that originally planned. My wife and I borrowed my dad's van and drove 500 miles to pick up a 2005 620 in nearly perfect condition with about 500 miles on it. When we finally got there I was too stunned from the drive to ride safely, so after inspecting it we just tied it down in the van, had some dinner, and crashed for the night. Today we spent driving back home. I just couldn't help myself and had to take it out tonight. It was 26F so I didn't plan on going far, but it turned out 30 miles went in no time! What an absolute blast. I'm still having some difficulty figuring out what gear I should be in, but learning is half the fun. I came back half frozen and ecstatic.

#4 ·
AWESOME!

Congrats on the new ride, you will love it and it will serve you well. You have to post a pic though! [cheeky]

Get that battery inside and on a battery tender soon unless you plan on more Arctic Expeditions! Then make sure you have some wicked winter gear if that's what you are planning. You can get kinda messed up with the wicked windchill on a bike! I only venture out when it's 50F or above, but then I don't have any electric or real winter gear myself.

#6 ·
mstevens said:
That's what I've got on my face. I unexpectedly found the bike I was looking for here on the Monsters for Sale section and decided to pull the trigger months sooner that originally planned. My wife and I borrowed my dad's van and drove 500 miles to pick up a 2005 620 in nearly perfect condition with about 500 miles on it. When we finally got there I was too stunned from the drive to ride safely, so after inspecting it we just tied it down in the van, had some dinner, and crashed for the night. Today we spent driving back home. I just couldn't help myself and had to take it out tonight. It was 26F so I didn't plan on going far, but it turned out 30 miles went in no time! What an absolute blast. I'm still having some difficulty figuring out what gear I should be in, but learning is half the fun. I came back half frozen and ecstatic.
Sorry dude, I looked it up and still can't figure up what your title means...

#11 ·
dukatea said:
**** eating grin.

as a comparison, if it was saprophagic rictus, he would have a "corpse eating grin", and if it was a coprophilic rictus, he would just enjoy poo, not eat it.
*high voice* Awkwaaaaaaaaaaard.

#12 ·
Ksr620 said:
I only venture out when it's 50F or above, but then I don't have any electric or real winter gear myself.
Wow! I usually leave the top down on the Z4 as long as it's not raining or snowing and is over 32F. I'm usually pretty happy on the Vespa if it's over about 40F, but I don't have any electric gear.

We're having freezing rain at the moment, which is pretty bizarre for this time of year (it should be snow). I might indeed need to put the bikes on tenders in the barn for the next couple of months.

#14 ·
Funny stuff. You must be young. I remember riding to work on my 650 Maxim back in 1983 in 15 degree weather, with a short sleeve shirt on most of the time. Then on the way home, after the bike sat out in the cold all day, I'd have to push my bike about a half mile before it would loosen up enough to start so I could ride it home. Nothing like trying to ride a bike when you can only feel your palms and one finger on each hand.

It's 44 degrees here today and I can't bring myself to go out and ride my brand new 800. I really have become a lazy old fart.

#16 ·
Archimedes said:
You must be young.
Wow - reading that would send my 12 year-old into convulsions of laughter. I'm 45. *I* think that's young, but not everyone would.

#18 ·
Congrats. I picked my M900 up on a Wednesday and I didn't stop smiling until the following Sunday.

Pics please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.