1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ciao a tutti -

forget about the desmosedici.

forget about the hypermotard.

forget about ALL other new motorcycles ...

the absolute coolest new bike at the international motorcycle show this weekend was the cagiva mito 500.

i don't know much about this bike, as cagiva was very secret about it, and only had the bike displayed on a tall stand, and did not have any published specs, other than stating it will have a husqvarna 500cc single engine.

i am guessing that it will come in at less than 290 lbs, and will be outfitted with top notch components. plus, it is styled after the 916 ... how cool is THAT.

cagiva had customer survey cards for the bike, asking if they should import it to the states, and what pricing customers would be willing to pay. this leads one to believe this bike is very close to production, if not already in production.

i am really hoping cagiva markets this bike, as it will be a scream in the twists.

ciao,
johnc

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Agreed! I saw it and snapped a few pics at the Long-Beach show. Didn't talk much with anyone there ('cuz there weren't no one there!). But I like the styling though... I could see it as a definate stable mate to some of my rides... [thumbsup] Wonder what the price-point would be?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
The bike is a not nearly a production bike. If you looked at the engine mounting and carburator with no airfilter and halfway blocked by a frame member, you could see that it was kind of hacked together. I think that they made it just to judge peoples response.

I would not hold my breath waiting for a production bike, it is probably as likely as a street version of the Ducati Supermono.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just saw another post on the euro web site, advising the claimed weight will be 133 kilos ... very cool indeed.

also agree that this is a prototype, built by cagiva to test the market. from what i have read/heard, the response has been fantastic ... so expect cagiva to make this bike soon.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
So does Cagiva "own" the Tamburini design (916 styling)?

G

·
I filled out the questionaire they had at the show to judge interest.

And I basically told them: If you build it, and you don't make it absurdly expensive, I will pre-order one as soon as you start production.

I've been musing about building something like this out of a trashed RS-250 for years...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
So long as they produce it and import it for a brief while, I'm good. Just long enough for me to buy one and a few spare parts... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I filled out one of those cards as well, I think that would make a great twisties & track day bike, of course it needs to be red though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts