Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any interesting ideas for the oil cooler guard for a S2R 800?

My radiator is a bit messed up from all the stones and bugs.

I've e-mailed Riding-House to no avail. They have the cooler guards for the water radiator and some older S4R guards...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
There have been a couple threads on radiator and oil cooler guards that folks have made, but it's been a little while.

Some with various screen materials, and one that I recall out of speaker grille mesh.

Try the 'search' button, see what you come up with.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
hiero said:
;D

it's now been powdercoated black ;)

Looks better than the original polish, and matches the other black bits on the engine, but I might have tried to match the frame color.

Still a very nice job..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pnut said:
Thx for the replies... pnut, how'd you secure the guard to the radiator? I can't quite see how the nylon mounting rods work... since I'm o'seas (in Thailand), finding stuff for DIY stuff is quite difficult, but I'm sure I can find some way.

I'd prefer to mount it to the brackets already available to give it a clean look.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
The rods are a lot like zip ties. The rod part has a button on one end that hold the part in place. There is another button that slides onto the back of the rod and locks itself like a ziptie.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
;) Thanx pnut !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scooby said:
I got a nice stainless one here: www.whaccessories.com ;)

Here is a pix--->
+1 scooby ... I just did a home-made job by taking a kawasaki's, cutting the grille and getting a license-plate shop to make a frame around it. It's all black and tied on with wire-belts. It only covers the actual teeth of the radiator so it looks a bit funny. But it cost less than $10 US. If i have the time I'll redo them and maybe post some pix too soon of before and after.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
j.davis

can't quite follow the plumbing on your two oil coolers, are they running in series or in parallel, and why?

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts