Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are new to me too...they are sweet! :eek:

I am currently looking into getting backpack/messenger bag for riding, as I am always lugging my thick medical textbooks from coffee shop to coffee shop (yeah I know, huge dork, but at least I ride a Duc.... ;D)

Anyway, I don't want to spend more than $50-60, so that rules out the Axio bags...

Anyone use one of those sling-type backbacks?

I'm looking for something medium sized, easy to get on and off and it has to have some style too it....hehe....Opinions/Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
And they come in "Ducati Red". V. cool - although I'm guessing most folks here would go for Carbon ;)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Heh, these are the same type of bags that seem to be popular with Asain teenagers who hang out in downtown S.F. near where I work. They've been kind of a fad for over a year now. I have to say I think they're kinda ugly...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was just researching the Boblbee hardshell backpack. Never heard of Axio. I like Axio's cleaner line and of course the carbon finish!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been using a Boblbee Millennium (chrome) for about a year now. It is very comfortable to use and does not hamper me one bit on the bike. I also think it looks very nice with my M1000 Dark. Strong, quite spacious and rain-proof. Worht considering if you are looking for a backpack. Boblbee also have a special motorcylce version.

·
Registered
150 Posts
which model(name) is the motorcycle model?

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are new to me too...they are sweet! :eek:

I am currently looking into getting backpack/messenger bag for riding, as I am always lugging my thick medical textbooks from coffee shop to coffee shop (yeah I know, huge dork, but at least I ride a Duc.... ;D)

Anyway, I don't want to spend more than $50-60, so that rules out the Axio bags...

Anyone use one of those sling-type backbacks?

I'm looking for something medium sized, easy to get on and off and it has to have some style too it....hehe....Opinions/Suggestions?
I use courier bag from Aerostich Its simple no nonsense black with a reflective stripe on it

I also use an Oakley "sandbag" which is the single strap backpack for everyday commutes This bag has numerous pockets though the only negative i can think of is the triangular shape that limits the carrying of larger items but for everyday stuff it is great

matt

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Blackhawk Industries makes a pretty tough backpack. I've used mine daily for almost 6 years and it's guaranteed for life

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Yeah, Blackwawk Hydrastorm backpacks are nice. The only downside to the Timbuk2 bag that I usually use is that sometimes I'd like to have a hydration system with me...

I have a Blackhawk Hydrastorm Cyclone. I use it when hunting, hiking, etc... The suspension system on it is better than almost any other hydration pack that I've tried, and it's built super tough. I find that it's a little big for what I usually need while on the bike.
http://www.botachtactical.com/hydcyc100oz.html

I've often thought that the Hydrastorm Matrix would make a good daypack foruse on a bike, and it has a more aerodynamic shape.
http://www.botachtactical.com/hydmat100oz.html

Another good hydration pack is the Fox Racing Oasis. It's smaller and a little less commando looking than the Blackhawk packs, but it'll still hold rain gear, snacks, tools and maps... Oh yeah, 70 oz. of water, too. Laura has one of these and I'm constantly coveting it. I'd buy one for myself, but we work pretty hard at avoiding the 'boppsy-twin' thing.
http://shop.foxracing.com/product.a...ame=Riding+Bags_79&product_id=32002&On_Sale=0

--Fillmore

·
Registered
211 Posts
The spy backpacks are really nice and look cool as hell. The Maverick or the Space Legion packs are best for riding because they have some meaty stabilizing straps that work well.
www.spyoptic.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts