Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After all that crying about washing bikes. I forgot to mention he rode it to and on the track. And it was pouring the whole time. He looked good too. Well Done. No trailer Queen there.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Very Nice!

I need those carbon side tank covers!!!! anyone know where to get them???

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he said QB Carbon made them. We talked about so many parts its hard to remember it all.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
True, looks like he just polished up the stocker. But he has the billet reservoir caps, bar end caps, and the caps for the stock mirror holes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I looked at a chromo before I bought my S4. I regret not buying one every time I see a pic of one. Just didn't want to give up the performance of the S4. I wonder if there were any FI chromos made, and if the tanks would be interchangable? I know the tanks are outrageously expensively, maybe I'd be better off having mine chromed. Course then I'd have to change over from the CF look to the chrome look. Any thoughts....

G

·
fi'd versions of the cromo tank were made. go to the classified section of www.cowin-tech.com/ducati and do a search on parts for sale:

"moster fuel inj tank - For sale 2001 monster chromo tank, brand new never use in the box. Best reasonable offer please Al ([email protected]) (harriman, NY, USA) 845-641-9605 - (Placed 4/23/2004) ID: 25183"

no affiliation or 1st hand knowledge of this tank or the seller, but may be worth contacting him.

if the price is outrageous, you can always try a polished aluminum tank from roadracing.it (i believe stuart sells them through his site - spareshack.com)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
So he's got the Bling'd out Cromo - BUT can he ride???!!

G

·
hey i didn't say "bling" like it's a bad thing... i'm sorta considering "blingin" the s4 for "phaseIII" actually. the only concern i have is the same as dennis iterated. i'm too lazy to maintain the shine. but man, the polished engine case covers really look sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I see chicken strips. He's busted!
Seriously, my chicken strips are about the same size :p. I'm sure he rides just fine. Anyhow, with all that bling, I don't think you'd want to push too hard. A fall on that bike could mean having to refinance your house to replace all those parts! :)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
The only thing he doesn't have is a steering damper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Polished Alum, huh...... Hadn't thought about that. Isn't the stock tank alum? Could I have mine stripped and polished? That my look better with CF anyway.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm getting my tank and swingarm chromed... will cost me around $550.
I really considered it myself. I was going to take one step further. And do the frame as well. But then I would have to clean the bike. The whole cleaning thing really set me back. If my tank had to be replaced today. Right now. I would probably buy a dark tank instead. I hate waxing too.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
$550 to prep and chrome a tank AND swingarm is CHEAP! Make sure the shop is reputable. I have called around and searched on the internet. Average is $500 for tank and $400-500 for swingarm. Let us know if you are please with their work.

How much work is it to strip a Monster down to the frame and put it all back together? I wonder what a shop would charge? I would love to have a Dark with chrome frame.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts