Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search but didnt turn anything up. What kind of cool aftermarket cam belt covers are out there. I have a 1994 M900
They have a couple sets of carbon fiber ones (one is solid and one has wire mesh in the center) at my local Ducati joint but they are both used and selling for over $200!!! I was hoping to find something metal that can be polished or powder coated. Anyone know of anything?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think these make a lot of sense. They don't add any weight they help cool the belts and the play on the fins of the air cooled engine.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea of the price on the Rizoma ones?

Just found it, $308, a little pricey but they look nice. Ill see if I have anything left over after christmas and then maybe get these and the sprocket cover. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! those look great, thanks Scooby
I am thinking about powder coating them black to match the rest of my bike.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I think these make a lot of sense. They don't add any weight they help cool the belts and the play on the fins of the air cooled engine.
never wanted belt covers 'till i saw those. i assume you made them. if not, can they be purchased?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I have the smoked translucent plastic covers on my bike. I really like em, they're shiny in the sun, and you can see the belts begin to turn as the bike is started.

R

·
0 Posts
Sweet! those look great, thanks Scooby
I am thinking about powder coating them black to match the rest of my bike.
Man I feel left out..... :-/

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
aren't the belt covers supposed to keep road crap from damaging the belts? if it's vented, then it's open to the air?

S

·
0 Posts
Man I feel left out..... :-/
how come dennis? you know motowheels sells rizoma covers for the s4 (yes... they'll fit the s4R as well) that are similar in style with the snazzy plexiglass windows?

R

·
0 Posts
I like them. But I am in my off season now. So I doubt I will do any $200 plus mods until I am working at the track again. For now it will be cheap stuff. Like Pipe Mods.

R

·
0 Posts
Before I bought my S4R, I planned on getting these for my S4R with the matching clutch cover. But long delays in getting bike has tese on hold until next season. Plus the old "why is your clutch louder then you exhaust" thing came into play also. Now that I put them on the back burner, I am not sure if I will get them.
I am thinking about going darker with this bike. I planned to do a lot of billet. But now I am leaning to more darker stuff. I always liked the dark Monsters, but Ducati always put the cheapest stuff on them.

M

·
0 Posts
I've got the billet Rizoma ones on my 900, and their billet countershaft sprocket cover. Nice stuff, makes a major difference in the looks of the bike.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dennis, if you felt left out cause I didnt thank you for posting up the Rizomas first I am sorry. ;)
I was giving Scooby a thanks for the pic on the bike but everyone on here has been alot of help to me so far.
Thank you everyone!!

R

·
0 Posts
I was kidding, but thanks. I still hope to get them, but not until I have the money to get the matching Clutch cover at the same time. Not a big deal, but then I need the billet clutch retainer to make it all look right. And the billet springs and holders. It all adds up quick then. $600 plus by the time it gets to the door.
Then I have to decide to get the red retainer or stick to my black theme and go black. Too many choices and no money. I wish it would just snow right now so I can get this all out of my mind. It was 50 the last 3 days and my pipes are at Strati's. I thought fall was over. I should have waited a few more weeks to send them out. Tomorrow its going to be 55 here. I am just losing my mind.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Here are my clear covers. I really like them. And they are so much cheaper than everything except stock. I saw those vented carbon covers on Norms Red monster when I went on a ride with him this past weekend. You guys can ask him about those if you want.

-Patrick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts