Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
See the June 2005 Featured Monster for pics of mine.

Had it done now for abt. 2 years. No issues with the chain, small scratches are fixed with a Sharpie, or some touch-up paint.

All in all, it holds up really well!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I'm still not anywhere close to doing anything just yet. Hell, I'm net even healed enough to start the work. I'm just feeling things out, researching ideas as they present hemselves. [laugh]

I also have no shame in the fact that both your M750 and MH's M900 are part of my inspiration. 8)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
What's a typical price for the powdercoating? How about the labor for removing/installing the swing arm for those of us who are not that mechanically inclined?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Duck-Stew said:
Excellent! My sinister plan is working..... >:D

(j/k: Glad to hear you're starting to think about mods... Must mean you're on the mend!) [thumbsup]
Sinister plan, nothing. You had me hooked last year in Daytona! As time goes on with this project, I'll probably make a nuisance of myself asking questions about your carb and electrical set-up. I'm almost sure you'll grow very weary seeing that little "PM notification" in your e-mail. [laugh]

sert, I doubt its too difficult to pull the swingarm, you just have to supprt the rear of the bike. Cost-wise, it'll depend on how much you shop around and how big a hurry you're in. I doubt it will be a particularly difficult or expensive project. 8)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I rattle canned mine.....like the rest of my bike >:D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Duck-Stew said:
See the June 2005 Featured Monster for pics of mine.

Had it done now for abt. 2 years. No issues with the chain, small scratches are fixed with a Sharpie, or some touch-up paint.

All in all, it holds up really well!
I really like the tail section you did on yours. What's the story on this bike?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Justin:
THAT bike?!? Ha. That's the paper mock-up of what I thought a Cafe'd Monster ought to look like. I took a '99 M900S paper flyer from my local dealership and used the photocopier at work with some white-out and a pen. Kept re-copying, and modding it until I had it 'done'.

That bike ended up becomming my Monster Challenge winner. As you can see from my photo-copier mock-up (I gots mad-skillz I tells ya! [laugh] ), my CR isn't quite done...as it lacks the wire-wheels.

My tail-section is a one-off (much like the entire bike is) that was hand built out of fiberglass and bondo. I've since built another tail-section onto a stock Monster seat pan and that came out much nicer then mine did. Mine...is a bit rough on the inside.

jswledhed:
I'm always happy to help out on someone's project. If there's anything you can't or don't want to handle...lemme know!

·
Banned
371 Posts
Here's a shot of my '05 DS with the standard swingarm powdercoated to (almost) match the frame. It's a really easy DIY project and the visual impact is well worth it. Low budget as well if you can split a rack at the powdercoat shop with 4-5 buddies.

Had it done about a year ago and it's holding up fine. Like the other guys said, sharpie or nail polish works great to touch up.

I also included a shot of the whole mess up on jack stands and suspended from the rafters in the garage while the swingarm was off to powdercoat. Just for grins.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.