Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
California Cycleworks unethical business. One week after placing an order with these guys I recieve no responce about status of purchase.So i sent an e-mail to cancel order, still no reply, they went ahead and ordered the item after the cancellation then they want to charge me a restocking fee. There are a plethora of places to buy aftermarket parts from on the internet, so dont bother with this one. Buy the way this was my second time ordering from CCW. Both times my e-mails went unanswered. even after the initial order. Thats a basic one, that way the consumer knows his/her money went to the right place.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
oh yeah.. this thread is gonna go far. ::)

why doesn't anybody ever pick up the phone when they have a question or concern?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
btw max, i'm gonna go ahead and predict that you're position that CCW is unethical will be shared by less than 1% of the posts on this thread.

actually, i'll be surprised if you get any corroboration at all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
pbbbttt... yeah... Chris, you're an ass!! ::) Damn you and your unethical business practices!

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You must have hosed up e-mail. I ALWAYS receive a confirmation e-mail from Chris on orders. He also even answers e-mail questions that are of no interest financially to him.

+1 on derby's comment < 1%

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
maxhr190 said:
...There are a plethora of places to buy aftermarket parts from on the internet....
you've got that right, pal..........so go ahead and use them rather than bad-mouthing one of the top guys around
occasionally problems or mistakes do happen - use the phone to solve them

.....not to mention the obvious fact that there're ALWAYS two sides to each story and we've heard only yours; which judging by the tone it's written, hardly can be called objective

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Gonna have to go ahead and chime in. As a business owner I find it difficult to be by my emails on a daily basis. I am however by my phone all the time or return phone calls. It seems everytime someone has a problem with some business they try to take the backseat approach and email or post on the forum. People are so afraid of being voice to voice or worse PERSON TO PERSON. If I dont return an email within 12hrs of a complaint god forbid theres dispariging remarks somewhere. Like mentioned before, PICK UP THE PHONE.

Everytime I called CCW I got Chris or someone that left a message for him. He was as prompt as possible at getting back to me and answering all my (sometimes) newb questions. He even refused to sell me a part once because he couldnt guarantee it would work on my bike. I completely appreciated that.

And with 16 posts is apparent you havent taken your time to do any research, you just want to come onto a forum and start flaming a company that a huge percentage of us do business with and rarely have issues.

Good luck with that crying wolf in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
max

out of curiousity did you check your spam filters/folders?

and why didnt you just pick up a phone? It would have been quicker/easier to pick up the phone and call chris than to log onto DML and post up.

-michelle

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You must be kidding. If you think Chris is unethical, you should sell your bike because you won't find anyone better.......ever.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D
derby said:
oh yeah.. this thread is gonna go far. ::)

why doesn't anybody ever pick up the phone when they have a question or concern?
i though this thread was going to be a joke when i first read the title.

maxhr190... sorry, i know this is one of your first posts on this board, but if you look around you will see why everyone loves Chris... he does a great job

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Haha. What a joke. Sorry mate but don't expect any support from us, especially not with a post like that!

·
Registered
760 Posts
ROFLMAO

This is a joke right?

I wish other businesses would follow the example of how Chris runs CCW. He has been an absolute pro-active and positive business owner. He has the term "customer service" at the forefront of his business model and has made doing business with someone on the other coast a complete joy.

To put this bluntly, you will get no sympathy or support here if you are in fact serious about your claim.

Regardless, I wish you the best with getting your issue(s) sorted out. And I'm quite confident that Chris will help most any way he can.

And +11tyb on the picking up the phone idea

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Whoops, looks like a big misunderstanding here .... this guy's complaining about Califirnia Cycleworks, not California Cycleworks.

Sorry, slow morning.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
HyperM3 said:
Gonna have to go ahead and chime in. As a business owner I find it difficult to be by my emails on a daily basis. I am however by my phone all the time or return phone calls. It seems everytime someone has a problem with some business they try to take the backseat approach and email or post on the forum. People are so afraid of being voice to voice or worse PERSON TO PERSON. If I dont return an email within 12hrs of a complaint god forbid theres dispariging remarks somewhere. Like mentioned before, PICK UP THE PHONE.
[thumbsup] Ya...you're right. When I have a problem with someone I CALL THEM. Emails are fine but not every one checks them daily.

I've only delt with Chris a couple of times and he was great. [clap]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
+1 on what everyone else has said so far! Chris has always been good to me. Orders. Emails. Phone calls. All good.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Unethical? Chris is the Mother Teresa of motorcycle vendors.

mitt

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.