Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the round and round with my KTM dealer I'm getting sick of the stories. I went to the Aprilia dealer this weekend and looked at the SXV.
It looks ****n bad ass. but it's $8300.

I know the rear has Sachs, I can't tell the front forks, or the brakes. For a $8300 Motard I think it should come with Ohlins and Brembos. Any body have any experience with it?
I think I'm done with KTM bull crap.

http://www.aprilia.com/modelli/road/modello.asp?id=75

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm surprised to see Aprilia showing their bike in the dirt. I don't think those tires were meant to leave the pavement. $8300... wouldn't be surprised if the Hypermotard came in around that much too, but no way would you get a full Ohlins set up for that much. I would guess that the suspension alone would run in the neighborhood of $3500. I like the look of the Hypermotard better.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
It's meant to be an amazing bike but your servicing will be on par if not more frequent than your duc. The range will be *very* limited. Having said that I was considering this bike too but I don't think it'd be practical for an only bike.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3584

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/clasqm/aprilia.html

c_rex - the sxv is a supermoto bike, it's meant to do time on asphalt as well as dirt. The rxv is the pure dirt bike and has knobbies on it. Both come in a 5.5 and 4.5 engine size which are otherwise the same.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I've no FHE with them but I agree. They look hot. The website doesn't list a weight and the 7.8 liter fuel tank won't get you far but what a killer set up. I think it'd be great for town zooming and tight twisty roads.

What was the deal with your KTM dealer? The same as ours? Kind of a don't know s**t and don't take anyone seriously when you ask them about a SuperDuke? Ours won't even bring in a motard unless someone commits to buying it. Sight unseen and no test ride either. How's that?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That bike seems like the odd man out to me. Super short maintenance intervals and SUPER low range (40 - 45 miles :eek:) from the tiny tank make it a questionable street sumo and from what I've seen it's not going to be a legal race bike any time soon so what is it good for.

True it would be kick ass tons of fun but I guess it depends on what hassles you're willing to put up with.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25840

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot get with that whole supermoto thing. Nore can I get pumped about the whole sport adventure deal.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't seem to find the brand of brakes and front forks. Actually the front calipers say FTE. WTF is that?

saylor01 said:
Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot get with that whole supermoto thing. Nore can I get pumped about the whole sport adventure deal.
tri it once, you'll be hooked

Mac900 said:
What was the deal with your KTM dealer? The same as ours? Kind of a don't know s**t and don't take anyone seriously when you ask them about a SuperDuke? Ours won't even bring in a motard unless someone commits to buying it. Sight unseen and no test ride either. How's that?
exactly,
they want 50% down to order one. I don't think so. They wonder why they don't sell any. My Aprilia dealer has 2 SVX's Maybe some negotiations are in order..

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I bet you that if you looked closely the calipers are actually ATE. ATE stands for Alfred Teves Corp. and they make all kinds of brake parts for cars. OEM equipment on Mercedes, BMW, VW, etc. It's just a guess though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mac900 said:
I bet you that if you looked closely the calipers are actually ATE. ATE stands for Alfred Teves Corp. and they make all kinds of brake parts for cars. OEM equipment on Mercedes, BMW, VW, etc. It's just a guess though.
you might be right, I had the sales guy read it to me over the phone. That makes sense, but why on an Aprillia, why not just go with Brembos.

I still can't figure the forks..

jswledhed said:
As a track toy maybe and a high maintenance b**ch of a track toy at that. Maintenance intervals are supposedly measured in dozens of hours instead of thousands of miles. :-\
Harder to do then my 4 valve? I'm not so sure about that..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jswledhed said:
No idea about the difficulty. Even if it were pretty easy, do you want to have to do it every other track day? Especially when a KTM single will do 90% of what the 'priller is capable of with no worries of the engine grenading itself. 8)
tell that to my KTM dealer, I'm about fed up with them.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I don't have any useful info on this bike either, other than to say I stared at it for about 1/2 an hour at the Scuderia West open house this past Saturday, very cool bike.

·
Registered
541 Posts
the brakes are sick and the sound will make you have an ::apriliagasm::

1 - 20 of 25 Posts