Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Re: Congressman Convicted of Manslaughter (Motorcy

Justice has prevailed. He was trying to use the "i had an insulin reaction" as a defense to try to get out of it. Im glad to see it didnt work. Now if they would only sentence him properly per the guidelines.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

Justice has prevailed. He was trying to use the "i had an insulin reaction" as a defense to try to get out of it. Im glad to see it didnt work. Now if they would only sentence him properly per the guidelines.

insulin-reaction, my a$$... what a moron. We can only cross our fingers and hope that everyone is using their common sense to give the guy what he deserves.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

I think in a situation like this, the family would have still been able to get him at the Civil trial. I am glad they didnt let him off though..

O

·
0 Posts

he's a white guy and a republican too boot . why does it seem like people thought he was going to walk on this one . i can't see him getting more than a one to three year sentence with a heavy fine . he just may do time in a minimum security prison . you can't bring back the guy who because of janklows foolishness is now dead . a one to three year sentence in prison is about right for his crime

R

·
0 Posts

he's a white guy and a republican too boot . why does it seem like people thought he was going to walk on this one . i can't see him getting more than a one to three year sentence with a heavy fine . he just may do time in a minimum security prison . you can't bring back the guy who because of janklows foolishness is now dead . a one to three year sentence in prison is about right for his crime
I doubt he will do any time. He will lose his job and right to drive. But, I doubt he will see the inside of a cell. House arrest or something stupid like that. To me 3 years in a cell sounds about right. 3-5 would make me feel better.

M

·
0 Posts

We need to take our "victories" where we can find them if there ever could be such a thing in an instance such as the motorcyclist's wrongful death.

Yeah he might get a brief walk-thru in a Country Club prison but the fact remains he is now stigmatized and branded...he refused to take ownership of his irresponsibility and a jury of his peers stapled ownership of his murderous malfeasance firmly on his forehead.

He can't duck that fact or explain it away, he has been branded a liar and a reckless killer by society.

Consider that most politicians are driven by demons rather than inspired by ideals. They thrive on power and public opinion/approval...they cannot validate their beings from within....they need symbols, external tangible things to prove they are "someone"

more politicians are sociopathic than not, and as sociopaths they have no core inner-sense of right and wrong...and that goes for republican, democrat, whig or Tory....their reference points for their very existence are only what they have surrounded themselves with externally....and Mr. Janklow has now been surrounded by condemnation.

He has been stripped and sent to a hell of his own making, he will never again look at someone without wondering if they too....agree with the jury that sapped and stripped him of his "legitimacy".

I believe him when he spoke of waking up with night sweats...clearly he spoke of HIS discomfort...because in his ugly world, it is all about HIM...not what he had wrought upon the family of the motorcyclist or the cyclist himself.

I dare say the grieving family knows that his wish to see them is only to attempt to get himself off the hook, to ease his own discomfort...he has no genuine empathy or sorrow to offer. Janklow will have to find forgiveness and redemption elsewhere and in his case, it is in the hardest place to reach...in his own soul...if he should ever be fortunate enough to find that

So in the dead of night, he is sweating ownership, he is sweating exposure of the crippled little creature behind the disguises of importance.....all his symbols of power and legitimacy have been removed and the world gets to see the ugly little dwarfed mutant behind the masquerade....

he is indeed serving a life term.....in an ugly reality that has no exit door or parole board....he's in prison now....no matter where he goes, lives, sleeps, eats or drinks. May he live long...

3 cheers for the jury

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

I can't believe people.

One comment I saw from another politician yesterday was that the CONVICTION was a tragedy as it would deprive the state of a great leader.

Another comment in an article said that the governor should pardon him - you know, he didn't mean to do it, thats why they call it an ACCIDENT.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

I don't understand the cheering and gleeful exuberance on the part of some. The "system", flawed as it may be, worked. In situations like this, there really are no winners. The dead motorcyclist certainly didn't win, his family didn't win, the motorist who clobbered him (regardless of his profession) sure didn't win, his family didn't win, and I (society) sure don't feel like a winner. A sad situation that is replayed hundreds of times each year, all part of the human condition I suppose. Be careful out there.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts

Yeah he might get a brief walk-thru in a Country Club prison but the fact remains he is now stigmatized and branded...he refused to take ownership of his irresponsibility and a jury of his peers stapled ownership of his murderous malfeasance firmly on his forehead.
I heard on a morining show today that his reaction to the conviction was something like "I'll deal with it and move on with my life". Still no acceptance of his responsibillity and that seems like some cold-blooded sh!t to say after a jury convicts him of responsibillity for the death of someone who will never be able to move on with their life.

Personnaly, I don't think he should do prison time. I think they should tie him to a post in a bar in Sturgis during the rally, make it 2-for-1 tequila shot night, and charge people a buck a pop to take their best shot at him. Give the proceeds to the rider's family (should be $50k or so) and maybe Janklow will finally learn a lesson.

Oh yeah, here's something to consider regarding the media coverage of this case... How many of you can name the congressman/killer and can't recall the name of the rider? (the CNN.com headline this morning was "Janklow to Quit")

--Fillmore

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

I heard on a morining show today that his reaction to the conviction was something like "I'll deal with it and move on with my life". Still no acceptance of his responsibillity and that seems like some cold-blooded sh!t to say after a jury convicts him of responsibillity for the death of someone who will never be able to move on with their life.
... just goes to show that there will always be immature adults who are incapable for taking the responsibility that comes with the territory.... if you can't play with the big dogs then get out of the kitchen.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Keep in mind he was a Congressman (the only one from SD) and former Governor and got 12 speeding tickets in 4 years!!!

Just think about the amount of times he got pulled over and the cops let him go because of who he was, 12 TICKETS AS THE ONLY DAMN CONGRESSMAN FROM THE STATE.

This man should have had his license suspended a long time ago.

I life might have been saved

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

.... did he even pay any of those tickets? wonder who insures his vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

I like your idea Rev _ Deadpan!!! I think they could make more money though! maybe when he is out on probation he should have to go to accident scenes where there are fatalities associated with other p#ss poor drivers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts