Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are differences in figures quoted in various Ducati S4R litrature regarding bore/stroke, gear ratios and sprockets.

Bore & Stroke
The S4R spec says a bore of 96mm and a stroke of 68.8mm wereas the manual says 94X66.

Sprockets
The spec says a front/rear sprocket combination of 15/35 whereas the Ducati sales guide for MY04 states 15/42 (significantly the Ducati

Performance catalog list only a 42T rear sprocket for the S4R) tho this publication also describes the engine as being 2 valve air cooled!!.

Gear Ratios.
According to the owners manuals the S4 & S4R have the same transmission ratios (in difference to what has been staed here that the S4R has a

'close ratio' box). However the aforementioned sales gude, has a different set of ratios that are wider than those quoted in the owners manuals

for both the S4 & S4R.

Now just what are the correct specs.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you may want to post that question in the tech section for the gear heads.
By the way, what does Chupa stand for? You know how words in one language mean something entirely different in another?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>By the way, what does Chupa stand for? You know how words in one language mean something entirely different in another?<

Actualy Chupa is Tagalog slang means door blower.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
In Spanish, chupa is just the opposite. It's 'sucker' as in chupacabra (goat sucker).

I guess depending on the context and company, it could mean the same thing. ;)

--Fillmore

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
In Spanish, chupa is just the opposite. It's 'sucker' as in chupacabra (goat sucker).

I guess depending on the context and company, it could mean the same thing. ;)

--Fillmore
is there the same word in Greek? or is there a similar word?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts