Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a compact, billet aluminum throttle (preferrably that comes with a throttle tube)?

I'm a little dissapointed with the bulkiness of the stock one, and I'm wondering what alternatives are out there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 'dog

Anyone know if the Sanos (top) will fit 7/8 bars? They advertize them for 50cc dirt bikes and I haven't a clue what size bars those use

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
AFAIK, every moto built in the last fifty years, other than Harleys, has a 7/8" handlebar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I've found what I was looking for:

(the downside: No more CRG lanesplitters :'()

Courtesy of Pingle

Thanks for the help guys! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
969 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
I think I've found what I was looking for:

(the downside: No more CRG lanesplitters :'()

Courtesy of Pingle

Thanks for the help guys! [thumbsup]
Euuueeeeewwwww...Too Harley-ish...and look Waaaaay too uncomfortable... Better wear gloves when using those...you'll "file" the hide right off your hands! But "to each his own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they'll be fine once I get them anodized black.

As for the Harley comment... What can I say, I have this aversion to anything non-metallic [laugh]

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Those will look sweeeet when anodized. And... don't you always wear gloves anyhow? ???
I sure as heck do.

·
Registered
969 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
I think they'll be fine once I get them anodized black.

As for the Harley comment... What can I say, I have this aversion to anything non-metallic [laugh]
Yeah, I think the black will help. I remember drooling over chopper mags when I was a kid and noticing foot pegs and grips that were all chrome but had O-rings in grooves spaced along their length. I don't remember where I read that guys did that 'cause some states required you to have rubber on pegs and grips...sorta along the lines of bennie helmets I suppose...the minimum ya can get away with.

I still think they'll hurt though...even with gloves. I always wear gloves and stock Ducati grips are too hard for me. Maybe some of those "gel gloves" never tried them myself...

Hmmm aversion to anything not metal...with the exceptions of seat and tires I hope?

It would be nice to see pix when you have the anodized and installed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Dominos are just grips, that's why they're so cheap.

Whoops. Nope, the Domino throttle really is that cheap. Weird.

The Robby moto throttle will run you 120,83 Euros... not so cheap (but not bad either...)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Indeed: there are several options for Domino grips and throttle tubes, though I doubt they are billet. I cannot seem to find the "Domino" motorcycle parts company website... The domino logo I do like. Methinks plastic isn't as awesome as the billet though, however it is neat.

They also make two different Choke adjustments (maybe). One looks like a smaller clutch/brake lever and may fit my bill! I will investigate further when its not the wee hours of the morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts