Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute a lot on my bike and I have to wear a suit most days. Does anyone commute with a suit in a bag? If so, what are you using? I'm thinking a Kriega R30 is the way to go but I don't want a crumpled suit by the end of the week. Any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Have you thought of a tank bag with the tank lock system? Same capacity, expandable and would keep things flat.

Reason I ask is I have one in classified gear section as well as a laptop/tablet back pack.

Just a different approach to storage.

tt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you thought of a tank bag with the tank lock system? Same capacity, expandable and would keep things flat.

Reason I ask is I have one in classified gear section as well as a laptop/tablet back pack.

Just a different approach to storage.

tt
Thanks for the idea but I don't get along with tank bags very well unless they are small.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'm a commuter as well, and I just use a regular backpack. I don't wear a suit, though. Have you thought about keeping a suit or two at work, or just the jackets?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Jeez, I can't think of a good solution at all that would "suit" you perfectly...that thing is gonna get crumpled up in just about any backpack.

But the title..."commuter backpack"...well I just happen to be a backpack whore. My wife says I have an actual problem. But after numerous backpacks all over the price spectrum I've found my favorite every day/weekender/bug out bag ever, the American Kargo Commuter. I love the giant main cargo area, the worksmanship, the way it looks, and how comfortable it is to ride with. Love love love this backpack. As far as a suit goes I'd say it can't get much better than this one, there's def room and perhaps it can be neatly folded in such a way it'll arrive crumple free. Check out the video review on Revzilla then buy from a sponsor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been using a dainese backpack I bought 2 years ago, it has enough room to hold my coffee and lunch box and some rain gear in case of bad weather come when I'm off, i love it look subtle but on some days when I have much thing inside it buffed up and looks weird on my back.

Planning to invest in a boblbee hard shell back pack since it has plenty of room for my daily stuff and it won't change shape, bonus that it's CE rated and it protect my back if I crash, kinda pricey though...

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advise guys! It looks like the smaller bags, which I usually prefer, are abut the same size as what I am currently using. I had not thought of a hard case though. It looks a bit like a top case for your back! I think I may just order up a few bags, experiment with them in the comfort of my own home and send back the ones that don't work. I still like the look of Kriega's offerings as well as Chrome's roll tops. Even if they are made for cyclists.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 2 chrome backpacks and I love them. Use them when I commute to work on my bike (bicycle) or my monster. Ridden in the rain and slop for a few years with them and they both still look great. The insides are lined with truck bed tarp so they are waterproof. They do not have a waist strap so all the weight sits on your shoulders. My commute is short and I pack light so I have not had any problems.

One I had custom made when I was in Chicago and one I got on sale from a cycling website.

A Kriega is the next bag on my list.

Also check out crumpler, tumbuk 2, and mission work shop. All bags I currently have and use for cycling or photo gear, all top notch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 2 chrome backpacks and I love them. Use them when I commute to work on my bike (bicycle) or my monster. Ridden in the rain and slop for a few years with them and they both still look great. The insides are lined with truck bed tarp so they are waterproof. They do not have a waist strap so all the weight sits on your shoulders. My commute is short and I pack light so I have not had any problems.

One I had custom made when I was in Chicago and one I got on sale from a cycling website.

A Kriega is the next bag on my list.

Also check out crumpler, tumbuk 2, and mission work shop. All bags I currently have and use for cycling or photo gear, all top notch.
Oh Cool! Thank you for the info. I had looked at Timbuk online but was not sure of their quality. Thanks for the leads. I have noticed a lot of bags that meet my waterproof criteria are for cycling. Looks like I need to hit up some engine-less motorcycle shops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all the advise guys! It looks like the smaller bags, which I usually prefer, are abut the same size as what I am currently using. I had not thought of a hard case though. It looks a bit like a top case for your back! I think I may just order up a few bags, experiment with them in the comfort of my own home and send back the ones that don't work. I still like the look of Kriega's offerings as well as Chrome's roll tops. Even if they are made for cyclists.
I share the same concern as you. I commute to work on mc and also drive to meetings on my bike and I wear a suit.

Have you considered pulling a mc suit on top of your business suit?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-product-news/bmw-launch-coverall-one-piece-suit/6404.html

Best
Rex

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honestly I haven't. I've worn an Olympia suit, which was awesome.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have too many backpacks! Four Osprey packs for hiking, backpacking, and travel. On the bike though, I use a Kreiga. I think it's the r25....love the shoulder straps on this. Much less binding while in the riding position. I don't know that I'd cram a suit into it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try one of these or something like it in the backpack of your choice.

https://www.gearhunder.com/backpack-with-charger/

I use something similar out of one of my old Hartmann bags. Basically it is a garment bag with a stiff board to trifold a suit around. Works fine for me as long as I do not over stuff my backpack.
Osprey is also my favorite commuter backpack. Its high quality and practicality are what attracted me most. The design of the whole backpack is simple, it can be matched with any clothes, and can accommodate 15-inch laptops and other personal items. Like many other backpacks today, it is also a commuter backpack with a USB charging interface.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Leave a couple of suits and shirts at work. 4 or 5 ties. No hassle and you wont look like you carried your suit to work in a bag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts