·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and which one?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sort of want an old kick-start harley. Sorry, I sort of like the American motorcycle thing... I'm sure this is gonna make me popular :-\

Of course it would be in addition to a monster. And maybe one of those new Triumph speed triples.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hell yeah! My chop is for sale if anyone is interested.

For sale is a 2005 sucker punch sally built by donnie and jeff at SPS in Graves, Ohio. It's only had 20 tanks of gas through her and is mint. This bike is a real head turner and always gets a crowd at bike night.

Options include:
80 CI EVO (Crate HD motor)
HD 5 speed tranny
S&S super E carb
Dyna single fire ignition
BDL 3" open
Avon Speedmaster Rubber (180 rear tire)
Electric start
Custom seat by Lance
Wide Glide front end
Ceramicoat drag pipes
Custom dual wimmer intake included! (not shown in pictures)

I'm buying a house and need to sell for the downpayment.

email if interested in price and details.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
ajax said:
I sort of want an old kick-start harley. Sorry, I sort of like the American motorcycle thing... I'm sure this is gonna make me popular :-\

I'm with you, some of the older bikes are cool. I did almost buy an Indian when they briefly came back in production several years back. Nothing wrong with american bikes...I pass them all the time. ;D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
ok first off, no.

second I have to confess, while I have never owned a sterio typical harley davidson, my first two wheeled experiance was on a 1974 harley davidson 2 stroke 250cc kick start. it has belonged to my buddy I was 15 years of age and he had no mechanical ability and I did, he father said if we could fix it we could ride it. we ended up going to the dump ie; junk yard for us. managed to get some old yamaha enduro shocks, handlebars from god only knows what and dirtbike tires (take offs) from his buddy who had a sponser from Manchester Honda. ie; we turned it into a dirtbike. let me just say, handling, nope, brakes, nope (minimal rear brake but not enough to lock the wheel) did I mention that it didnt handle at all, prob due to the long wheel base, but ripping through the woods was fun shite, being able to beat your buddys on three wheelers going down the road at 70mph priceless.

I will never own a harley

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Not at the same time, but I did own a Harley. I had a 1998 FLHR Road King. It had an 80 cu in Evo. I rode it for a couple of months before I added a turbo charger. Nothing like a 750 lb bike that lifts the front wheel. It was probably the most comfortable bike I have owned and it could carry a passenger and a couple of cases of Guinness in the saddle bags. I continually pushed it beyond its limits though. It just couldn't handle or stop worth a damn. I sold it when I was out of work and needed money. If I still had it today, I would keep it. But I could never bring myself to spend the money on another one. Especially after I owned a Yamaha Warrior. 1700 cc engine, R1 suspension and brakes. There is no going back. My S4R still remains my favorite bike that I have ever owned. It is the best all around bike for commuting, riding twisties, and general hooliganism.

I don't understand the whole "every other brand of bike sucks" kind of attitude that you find in just about every group. Although Ducati owners seem to be less snobbish that most. It would be like limiting yourself to only blondes or redheads.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
And proud of it.
FXDX Superglide Sport. 3 way adjustable showa cartridge forks, Works rear shocks, z rated tires. Totally blacked out. No chrome except the front end. Had it on the dragon (it's no ducati), on the high banks at Lowes motor speedway (it's no Ducati), and down to Puerta Viarta Mexico from the East Coast in December (Thank God It's no Ducati). 55k without a mechanical failure or ever adding oil between changes. Great effin bike.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I'll admit to scoping out my neighbor's in 2003. I forget which kind it was but not surprisingly it was probably the closest HD to a monster, I recall it being a black and very straightforward naked bike design.

·
Registered
56 Posts
factorplayer said:
I'll admit to scoping out my neighbor's in 2003. I forget which kind it was but not surprisingly it was probably the closest HD to a monster, I recall it being a black and very straightforward naked bike design.
The closest HD to a Monster is like the closest pig to a deer.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
My dad and two uncles are old Harley guys, my uncles having also been outlaw bikers in their youth. Although I prefer Italian twins they have never given me a hard time. Dad's Geezerglide Heritage Softtail makes lots of great sounds, but its so big and slow!
JP

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
my pops owns a 1999 harley something or other (dyna glide???)....damn thing is always broken down in one way or the other...it's currently pouring oil out of the front cylinder. started doing it about 20 minutes after the ignition was replaced [laugh]

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Not yet, but seriously considering it.

My M1000S just doesn't have enough range-per-tank (not uncommon) for other than commutes and local "fun rides".

I am honesly considering a Road King (well, an Electra Glide Classic, converted to a Road King).

Two things blocking: I really wanted an ST4S ABS ALMOST as much as the Monster, and I still like the idea of an ST; I have a semi-sane notion to turn a 999S into a 999ST with a 749R tank, more comfortable seat, and, maybe, slightly higher bars and screen (local parts guy says he has the side cases in stock).

Two rentals from now (3 days on a Road King, and three more on a 749), I'll know which it will be.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Le Pirate said:
my pops owns a 1999 harley something or other (dyna glide???)....damn thing is always broken down in one way or the other...it's currently pouring oil out of the front cylinder. started doing it about 20 minutes after the ignition was replaced [laugh]
My 600 Monster pours oil out of the top cylinder. I think it adds character. My dad had a '52 Panhead when I was younger. It is a pretty cool bike. I don't have anything against Harleys, just the bad seeds that own them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Macnamara said:
My 600 Monster pours oil out of the top cylinder. I think it adds character. My dad had a '52 Panhead when I was younger. It is a pretty cool bike. I don't have anything against Harleys, just the bad seeds that own them.
I like the bad seeds. Must be from reading Hell's Angels by HST. I don't like the middle aged accountants who buy harleys and ride one sunday a month in group rides.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
No harley, although I wouldn't mind renting it for a day...

If money was not an issue, Hellcat and/or Desmosedici RR for me.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Don't own one yet but would like either a Fat Boy or a VRSC Night Rod Special with some seriously loud screaming eagle pipes.. but this would be after I purchased a Paul Smart LE (if I could find one for sale)

·
Registered
102 Posts
NuTTs said:
Don't own one yet but would like either a Fat Boy or a VRSC Night Rod Special with some seriously lough screaming eagle pipes.. but this would be after I purchased a Paul Smart LE (if I could find one for sale)
Nutts, my local dealer has one with Zard exhaust already on it.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts