1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S

·
0 Posts
i dunno dude... i think i'd rather not attract MORE attention to the hoses... that and i'm a cheap S.O.B... ha!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sounds like a TPO ad:

"....ADDS MUCH QUICKER & BETTER COOLING FOR MORE ADDED PERFORMANCE ..."

;D ;D

H

·
0 Posts
Can you say, GAY? I bet the guy that buys those has chrome wiper blades and under car neon, too. :p

K

·
0 Posts
$200 for hoses... omg... does everything have to be through-the-roof pricing for Ducatis? ::)

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the aluminium pipes that run to and from the pump and radiator as fitted to the Foggy MS4?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like a TPO ad:

"....ADDS MUCH QUICKER & BETTER COOLING FOR MORE ADDED PERFORMANCE ..."

;D ;D
Someone should e-mail him ``exactly how much bhp increase are you claiming for these hoses??``

S

·
0 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the aluminium pipes that run to and from the pump and radiator as fitted to the Foggy MS4?
Pipe:
54910251A

rubber adaptors:
80011101A
80011091A

they cost about $75 or so total. good luck getting one from a dealer though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey guys...I know about hoses..check my side business...

These do not fit the MS4 very well. some folks asked me about getting some of MS4 hoses for them and I won't sell em'

The quality of the hoses, if made by Samco is the best, silicone product out there. my kits are for GM trucks and they run 300.00 the price is dependent on the amount of silicone that is used. so 200 for 6 hoses is not that bad.

Take from someone who has done the research, don't bother on an S4.

SMiG

S

·
0 Posts
i at one time was looking into steel braided lines. then i reconsidered and decided to attract as little attention to the hoses as possible short of covering them with bodywork.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Samco makes hose for Ducati, I see race bikes equiped with them all the time.

Right, I only work with Samco and they make the hoses for the 748 and the 998. Technically the S4 has the same engine and it should fit, but I was told by samco that they would not put S4 on their fitment charts....which leads me to stay away from it.

Just passing along some info from someone who has actually spoken to Samco. The hoses above, may not be samco,

SmiG

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info, I am not really interested, I just ran across it while board and remembered someone on here asking about Blue hoses... thought I would put it out there...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hence the manufacturer hesitation in making the kit Fit MS4.

If anyone wants a kit, I can get them, 6-8 weeks lead time, and available in 7 diff. colors..

However they are sold as RACE Only No returns or Refunds....

Excellent work S4 Strati on the fitment observations.

SmiG - Duckdiggler

S

·
0 Posts
Hence the manufacturer hesitation in making the kit Fit MS4.

If anyone wants a kit, I can get them, 6-8 weeks lead time, and available in 7 diff. colors..

However they are sold as RACE Only No returns or Refunds....

Excellent work S4 Strati on the fitment observations.

SmiG - Duckdiggler
sure dude... as a note. hoses made to fit an S4 will also fit the S4R, and the ST4/ST4S/ST4S-ABS.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I's suggest Sam Co , too.:)
My friends and I buy all our pressure hoses through them. I never heard of any problems with the silicone hosing, even in dual-turbo systems.

Buying rolls of tubing (black, red, green, purple, bright yellow or orange.) is much cheaper then going to a motorcycle dealer wanting to sale a "custom Ducati kit"! All you need to bend and shape the hose is a heat-gun and a little time.
http://www.samcosport.com/
http://www.jegs.com/ <-- Resaler

1 - 19 of 19 Posts