Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to run some color ideas by you. Please let me know if you've seen them before and have pics, or just general thoughts! All colors are front fender to rear cowling.

Halloween Orange base (clearcoated) with two adjacent Black stripes (symmetrical)
Halloween Orange base with one thick Black stripe (gascap wide), and two thin Black stripes on the outside of the thick one (few mm's wide).

Same combinations, but with a deep blue base and white stripes.

For reference, here's what I mean by the striping placement:

Note the left and middle helmet paintjobs...that's how the bike would look.

Keep in mind all my gear is black/near-black, so the orange/black combo is looking better to me, but I'm still debating:

KBC Wolf Helmet, charcoal
Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Jacket (going to sell it and get an older Highside 1-pc at some point)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I like the first combo Orange with the adjacent black stripes...
Do you have Photoshop? Could you do a mockup? Good color choices ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Here I mocked one up for ya real quick. I was interested to see that scheme myself.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have to say one of the popular color combos right now in the graphic design industry is hunter orange and silver or grey. I personally think the orange tank would look good with chrome stripes. I've also considered a flat grey bike (tank and fenders) with orange rims. Maybe even an orange stripe on the tank.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I have a bike that is just the reverse of the photo above, flat black with glossy orange stripes. Flat black is really easy to touch up when you crash.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife's bike is metallic orange with a tick stripe in the midle and a thin spripe on each side of the thick one, the stripes are dark grey. It looks pretty cool.
Erick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys! Fleedatz, I was thinking a non-metallic orange, but great job with the PS and understanding my description ;D

G

·
Well, you do know that you are thinking about making your Ducati look like a Harley (old flat tracker racing colors)?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That Photoshop job reminds me of one of my dad's bikes he had when I was a tot. It was a H*onda ;D The Harley dirt tracker paint job was actually used on the anniversary Sportster edition bike. I love the Orange and Black bikes :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Infoage, thanks for the links! ;D Nice Harley, but the S4R...MAGNIFICENT! That's pretty much what I am looking for, although perhaps a tad darker in the orange...maybe not, I dunno yet hehe. I just wish Ducati had never made orange the stock color, kinda takes away from the one-and-only factor. OH WELL, I STILL LOVE IT ;D ;D ;D Now, anybody know any good paint shops around VA/DC/MD? ;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Talk to Lori... She had Gina custom painted and it came out poifect. You can see her bike on the DML homepage, she is in VA :)

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I had a 75 860 GT and that was the stock colors. It looked just like the mock up that Fleedatzmonster did. Judging by the response that Ducati had with the retro classics, it ought to turn heads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts