Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bottomline, someone pulled out of a parking spot and knocked over my '02 620 dark. Nice enough to leave a note with a name and telly number. :D Apparenty the dark color is classified info from anyone who doesn't paint ducatis in the factory. Any way, who has pics or just opinions on how I should repaint the the tank? I have the bucks as per a new tank (approx $1200) to play with. What have ya'll done or seen that looks cool and such. Any new ideas or creativity is very welcome. Ideas in my head right now, flames (not so sure on this as its not a potato, potato bike), some set up with blue and white, or maybe just a sweet metalic white. Just anything anyone has dreamt about or thought would look nasty. Cheers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Color scheme?

call me crazy but I'm all about subtle... flat metallic graphite like the new moto guzzis is my current dream color, though metallic white sounds fun. also $1200 is a lot of bling for a paint job and dent pull, especially considering the person was kind enough to leave contact info, may be I'm too nice, but i would cut them some sort of deal...
my $.02
Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

When I turn in my tank for a refinish I am thinking of keeping something close to the original Anthracite Black/Grey with black ghost flames off the Ducati logos....not loud contrast but subtle...kinda shadow-like

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

How about all white? Saw a 750SS one time that was white with black graphics and I liked it. Frame could be white or black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

When I turn in my tank for a refinish I am thinking of keeping something close to the original Anthracite Black/Grey with black ghost flames off the Ducati logos....not loud contrast but subtle...kinda shadow-like
Sounds like Fillmore's paint job....see the members pic section

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got a paint scheme in my head that I'd really like to do someday. It'll definitely turn heads, but it's nothing gawdy or cheesy (just different, IMHO) and I'm almost 100% positive it's never been done before (at least not on anything like a monster). Of course this scheme is top secret, so you'll all have to wait 'til I decide to go for it and then you can all tell me how ugly you think it is! ;D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

Here are some ideas.

I dig that FEBUR tank. The Red White and Green on matte black..?..pretty slick

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

I like the logo on this tank:

·
Registered
206 Posts

mmmmm....black with grey ghost flames...that may have to happen this winter.

steve

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

I agree with the black and grey ghost flames.. and my 2 cents worth, if someone does the right thing and takes responsibility for his or her actions you might want to work with them . if the situation was reversed...... any way not trying to preach, just my thoughts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts