Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I'd go with the Ducati Dark matte black finish for my project, so I called Color-rite. A pint of paint, with reducer and the eggshell clearcoat was nearly $200 :eek: (and the lady wasn't even vaguely pleasant on the phone).

I'm thinking I can match that paint locally. I mean, flat black is flat black, no? Thoughts?
Dion

·
Registered
91 Posts
THis is the color that ducati lists for the paint code for matte black (dark): 653.6047

It is a PPG color so you should be able to have any paint shop that uses PPG paint to mix that color for you. I don't know if the ducati color code will mean anything, but they should have the color in their computer so they can mix it properly.

My paint shop had the color codes in the computer, i just had my wheels painted senna red. Looks sweet

David

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the info. The Color-Rite code is 7575. I'm curious if the factory uses any type of clear overtop the matte Dark finish. I suppose it would need something, but I'm trying to avoid as much gloss as possible. Any ideas?
Dion

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just called a couple of local paint shops that stock PPG and none could find the above paint code in their reference. Anyone got ideas?
Dion

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm. Color-Rite called it an eggshell clear, which, in paint terms, would mean a low-gloss, protective clearcoat.
Dion

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I see this message is ancient (July '03), but poster "dswermo" says he had his wheels painted Senna red. PLEASE can you tell me what the paint code is? I can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks,

Walter

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Daffe said:
there's NO clear coat on the 7575 paint. If you get the clear coat, it'll look like you shined your butt all over the tank for about 1 month before riding it.
The matte black paint on the darks is a single stage paint job, which means no clear coat. I'd be interested to see a monster with that tuff coat bedliner as a paint job. Heard of a few people doing it and loving it.

As for color-rite, I thought most savvy duc painters used house of kolor...

·
Registered
3 Posts
dark frame paint

Is there a color rite color for the dark frame? It is different from the "dark" color isn't it?

I got some chips in my fram I want to get rid of...
Did you ever find a good match to the frame? I am guessing matt black with a coat of white pearl in top?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts