Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silver 620 dark.....

any1 ever put any color accent LED lights on their bikes? pics?! cant find ANY on ducatis lol..

Where would YOU put them..? Colors?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I am also looking into it.

I have a local guy that sells the kits
www.xerogear.com

I'm just not sure that LED's and Ducati's will go well together. (like neon license plates or ground effects on a porshce or ferrari)

Do we leave the led's to japanese bikes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A very relevant point re the Jap bikes. I too am very actively researching suitable led highlights for my Monster.

For me though it is more a matter of safety. I was driving my car along the Boulevard a few weeks ago (which is very poorly lit) and could barely make out a dim red glow. I immediately assumed it was a push bike so prepared for avoiding it however as I came around a bend about 5 meters further ahead there was this huge glow of green light at it was very obviously a motorbike. As I got closer I realised that dim glow was a rear tail light of a fellow rider.

I was sold. The visibility of an LED lit bike makes it soooooo much more visible and obvious from distance that it really does exponentially increase your chance of being seen.

Practicality aside, aesthetically I am confident if we use white light highlighting some sexy bits of carbon or a matching colour to paint colour it could look ok.

As far as getting blue neon going on, well you may as well add a sub-woofer and some fluffy dice hanging off your side mirrors. LOL.

I'll try and upload some pics of mine once i have tried it out.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
A very relevant point re the Jap bikes. I too am very actively researching suitable led highlights for my Monster.

For me though it is more a matter of safety. I was driving my car along the Boulevard a few weeks ago (which is very poorly lit) and could barely make out a dim red glow. I immediately assumed it was a push bike so prepared for avoiding it however as I came around a bend about 5 meters further ahead there was this huge glow of green light at it was very obviously a motorbike. As I got closer I realised that dim glow was a rear tail light of a fellow rider.

I was sold. The visibility of an LED lit bike makes it soooooo much more visible and obvious from distance that it really does exponentially increase your chance of being seen.

Practicality aside, aesthetically I am confident if we use white light highlighting some sexy bits of carbon or a matching colour to paint colour it could look ok.

As far as getting blue neon going on, well you may as well add a sub-woofer and some fluffy dice hanging off your side mirrors. LOL.

I'll try and upload some pics of mine once i have tried it out.

By the sound of it, you're trying to give yourself a reson to buy them, a good LED tail light would be safer, since it won't distract the people behind you and get run over just bc. they were checking out the glow. Also, you might want to get better lighting on your car, try HID's. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we aren't talking about tail lights....we are talking about color accents..

its a cool concept of the constant accent light near your knees or something at night....

where to get!? and where/how install..

we can always keep/turn it off!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Like to pose much?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have a silver 620 dark.....

any1 ever put any color accent LED lights on their bikes? pics?! cant find ANY on ducatis lol..

Where would YOU put them..? Colors?
i put some small blue led pods under my fuel tank. They are way up there. I don't know if they would work for everyone since I have no airbox to block the light output (K&N filter pods). I know it is kinda goofy, but it does give some side visibility at night, though that is not why I did it. After I installed them, I found out that it is probably illegal to have blue lights on while riding, but haven't had any problems so far but i don't ride much at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts