Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
ducati culture said:
It was cool as zhit last year...
it was cool amongst the riders and whatnot....but there were a whole lot of trendy fashionista's there who got in our way that bugged the zhit out of me because they just didn't seem to get it!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were the freebies?

Thursdays at these two bars are bumpin' with trendies and not-so-trendies anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
zooom said:
it was cool amongst the riders and whatnot....but there were a whole lot of trendy fashionista's there who got in our way that bugged the zhit out of me because they just didn't seem to get it!
Well said! +1

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Not sure what the balance between fun/frustration might be. Might just wait and kick tires at Speeds later.

Chris

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ben's going to be there, but I think I'm going to kick tires at IMS. Unless they make me work the event. :-\

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'll be there, fashionistas or not. If people don't come to these things, they'll stop doing them.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My work schedule is on the late side that week - so it doesn't look so great for me. But I'm going to give it a shot. I'll start working on gowing my faux-hawk this week.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
So if I go should I go in jeans, boots, and a "loud clutches" DML shirt and drink beer, or go with slacks, turtleneck, sportcoat, and drink new fangled faux martinis?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Statler said:
So if I go should I go in jeans, boots, and a "loud clutches" DML shirt and drink beer, or go with slacks, turtleneck, sportcoat, and drink new fangled faux martinis?
NOPE....pink fuzzy bunny slippers....skin tight leather hot pants...and a sleeveless t-shirt that says "F#CK PC-THINK!" on it!....oh...and a CAT or John Deere ball cap to top the ensemble off!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
zooom said:
NOPE....pink fuzzy bunny slippers....skin tight leather hot pants...and a sleeveless t-shirt that says "F#CK PC-THINK!" on it!....oh...and a CAT or John Deere ball cap to top the ensemble off!
Hey! Get out of my closet.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Statler said:
slacks, turtleneck, sportcoat,
Thats says 'Professor trying to regain lost youth' to me. Not hipster or trendie. How about you go in suit and tie. Be sur to the leave the tie, tied, but unbutton your collar and go as 'after hours hill staffer'

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't hate! What if we did all of those things before they became "trendy"?

2003, bay-bee! I've gotten away with some crazy things at my job.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts