Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming so I thought this poll was in order. I ride when it's sunny or cloudy, or when I do get caught in the rain... Here in the NW it's usually mild enough.

Speak out! WOOF!!

scooby ;D

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I live in Florida now, but when I lived in NC and SC we would always do a ride on new years day, no matter what the weatherman said. I was actually ticketed for speeding on the Parkway while the snow was coming done (we were coming out onf the tunnels sideways on ice,[smiley=grin.gif]. I went to a friends wedding in February on the bike (along with the entire wedding party, and several of the guests) and we got 3in. of snow that morning. As for rain, the day I bought my Duc it rained 6in. and I didn't have a truck or trailer, you know what they say, "like a Duck to water". Have fun, be safe, dress warm. ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
You forgot an option.... Always UNLESS it's snowing...thats my vote.( with my electric heat , of course!)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Year rounder here too. Being that the Duc is my only set of wheels, weather doesn't really stop me much...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Only if it's not raining!!!!! Come on get those rain suits on!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love my bike too much. It's insured year round. Unless it's snowing out there, I'm going to ride it.

What type of heated gear do you use, DUCnHAR? I'm thinking of getting a heated vest at least.

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is a Ducati Monster board right ?
So always when it is not snowing.

Otherwise(other bike) on the snow is also fun and it teaches things....

Man, motorcycling is fun !

Skier

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
All you need is Gortex and a heated vest.... Well maybe knobby tires if you want to try the snow.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you people that wear heated vests are a bunch of wussies. I had the bike out last week after skool- around 9 pm and it had to be 40 degrees outside. I had my leathers on and a bandana around my neck. The only thing that got numb was my feet. I have combat boots that I ride in and they really didnt provide too much protection. If you are cold, pull over to the side of the road for a minute. Thatll warm ya up!

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Try moving North young man, 40

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I use Widder electric heat........

I would rather be a warm wussie :-[, than a" cold, can't feel my fingers & toes, can't grip the clutch lever, shivering tough guy" 8)

And what, may I ask , is wrong with heat anyway :-/, you use it in your car & your house, so why not the bike, it sure makes the ride more pleasurable???? ;D

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
The heated vest is a good first coice, it heats the trunk and therefore the blood, the warm blood then heats the rest of the body. I am amazed at how well it works. It also gets rid of the massive layers of clothes required to ride on the hwy in cold weather. When you slow down you just shut it off (instead of stopping to shed layers).

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hate to admit it but I'm a fair weather rider. I usually winterize the bikes and they sit all winter. Colorado does however offer alot of sunny winter days.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Very, very GOOD choice. You will be warm but not bulky!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts