Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need to get some really good gloves, and possibly a new winter jacket, something to keep me very warm on the way to school. What places around the CHapel hill area, possibly durham would you all recommend to check out, checked triangle cycles and didn't see anything that caught my eye.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Triangle is one of the few shops i know in the area. If you don't mind heading out towards 70 you have Sheldon Harley Davidson (near where 70 business splits off 70 and 85 and 70 meet) and Kawasaki/Suzuki of Durham (head down 70 towards Raleigh. It's on the right after Miami but before Briar Creek).

Though honestly, I find the in store selection at most of the local bike shops fairly lacking. If you want immediate satisfaction and a good selection to choose from I'm leaning towards Cycle Gear being your best bet, but from Chapel Hill it's a bit of a hike (Exit 297 off 40 on the Southern side of Raleigh). Greensboro is supposed to be getting a Cycle Gear as well if it might be closer (and actually open by now).

If the dirve is too far, most all of the sport bike shops around seem to have the same basic catalogs and can order the same stuff (Parts Unlimited, Sullivans, etc)

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Haven't seen one (or heard about) a Cycle Gear openning up here. I hope they do, cuz the shops around here are horrible for gear. The BMW shop is about the only one that carries any decent stuff, but their selection is kinda small.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Last I heard one should be. They are going to have 2 in charlotte, one in greensboro and I think a second in Raleigh.

I haven't heard when the greensboro or second charlotte shop are supposed to open though.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Blind Tree Frog said:
Last I heard one should be. They are going to have 2 in charlotte, one in greensboro and I think a second in Raleigh.

I haven't heard when the greensboro or second charlotte shop are supposed to open though.
That would Rock!!!!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Fiber said:
Haven't seen one (or heard about) a Cycle Gear openning up here. I hope they do, cuz the shops around here are horrible for gear. The BMW shop is about the only one that carries any decent stuff, but their selection is kinda small.
Their website says coming soon - no specific date.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Uroplatus said:
i just got a post card in the mail asking if i wanted a Career at Cycle Gear!!!!
Sweet. I may need to borrow that if they decide the company ran a lot smoother this week with my absence.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Try on **** at the stores. Buy on online. You will save a lot if your patient and look for deals. Ebay is always a good start. I bought all my gear (except my pants) online.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i just picked up a Fieldsheer jacket, and riding home tonight broke a sweat in the jacket which is a good sign since its in 40s right now, and some first gear gloves. About $250 with tax for both, which was very good price in my books and the jacket fits great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts