Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl got me the one day course at the Code school as an X-mass gift (What the HECK is she trying to say hehehe). I'm new to this area, so what track should I be looking at going to. I'm currently signed up at Laguna Seca, but is "Streets of Willow Springs" closer?

Which do you guys recomend??

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Willow Springs is just a bit north of the LA basin in Rosamond, near Mojave. Laguna-Seca is south of the San Francisco Bay area near Monterey.

Depending on the configuration, Streets can have a lot more turns than L-S.
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/images/StreetLg.gif

Laguna-Seca is world famous, hosts World Superbikes, CART, American Le Mans, etc and is home to one of the most famous turns in the world, "The Corkscrew" (Turns 8 & 8a)
http://www.laguna-seca.com/map2.htm

L-S has pretty strict noise regulations, so if you have aftermarket exhaust and don't want to switch back to stock, you might consider Willow.

HTH,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I haven't seen The Streets of Willow, but I've seen Laguna.

IMHO, having done a grand total of zero track days, I'd much rather do 'The Streets' than Laguna for my first track day.

Much less intimidating, and much closer to us.

I think you'd get a lot more out of the 'The Streets' cause it's slower, and well, more 'street' like.

S

·
0 Posts
Take Streets of Willow, a 2-3 hour drive vs. 5-7 to Laguna Seca. Plus you can sleep in your own bed at night and if you like it you can do track days there.

Word of warning, don't wait too late to take the class at Willows, it over 100 degrees EVERY DAY from mid-May to mid-September. Trust me I lived in Rosamond/Edwards for three years, summer there is no joke.

I have a friend of a friend who took Code and he said to be ready to ride ALOT. And the breaks and lunch are short so be prepared.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I've been to a couple open track days and one Code school at Streets. SOW is a great track for a first event or first time at a school. Lots of turns, some fast ones (Turn 1 is 100+ on a 900), a chance to get the speed up to 115 or so (coming off the banked turn 6 or 7, can't remember), but also some slower stuff - turn 4 is probably 25 mph. I think it's a great track for a novice/intermediate motorcycle rider who isn't hung up on top speed.

Have fun!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts