Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the Barnett aluminum clutch in... kudos to Motowheels for the ultra-quick response. Also upgraded the clutch line to a Gaffer steel braided line. Had to bleed the old fashioned way since I snapped the banjo bolt with the in-line bleeder valve. I already had a Yoyodyne clutch slave installed...

Anyway, what a difference... no more slipping, clutch lever was already improved with the Yoyo, but now the feel is much nicer, i guess due to the steel braided line.

Side note... avoid those cheapo levers seen frequently on ebay. They are certainly not identical to the oem levers. Lesson learned... don't skimp on the levers.

T

·
0 Posts
Magnus,

What kind of grease did you use on the pushrod? I have been looking for the Shell Retinax HDX2 but haven't been able to find it. Also I snapped the bleeder valve off my slave. What a pain.

Tom E.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was already grease on the pushrod... didn't want to load it up and get it all over the clutch plates. Not sure which grease you're supposed to use... I would have used lithium grease.

Much more difficult bleeding without the valve... couldn't use the mity vac. Took awhile, but i finally got it, after playing games with the master cylinder trying to shake a hidden air bubble out.

T

·
0 Posts
Shop manual says Shell Retinax HDX2. Can't find that anywhere. I have some lithium grease on it already, but I don't know if it is safe for high temps and high stress like the Retinax HDX2. Hope I can find some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts